Author Topic: Demon Hunting - Educate Me  (Read 15651 times)

DemonHunterofIndiana

• Young Beast
  • Hunt... is a relative word.
Demon Hunting - Educate Me
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:14:08 AM »
I've already gone demon-hunting a few times now. My colleague and I searched, but only a few nights proved to see even a trace amount of malicious activity.

I will do it, despite how dangerous it is. I am sixteen and I have no idea how i've gotten involved. But I love the feeling, I feel called by God
to wipe them off the face of the earth. I carry holy water, a physical weapon in which i try to cover in holy water and spiritual energy i've gained
in the martial arts, incense, blessed necklaces, a rosary, and a few other items.

I need educated because from the sounds of it I'm getting close to dieing. Even writing this, I feel like their watching me from each room that connects to this one. I know that they know I sense them, it's just this feeling.

My colleague and I are greatly uneducated. I tried to educate myself tonight and found this site. I need advice, counsel, and words of how to do it. The next hunt is this friday. I need the information badly. I workout regularly (everyday with a personal trainer), I then do football conditioning, and then martial arts (shorei-goju-ryu).

Educate me.
I search to relieve. I search to relinquish. I search to get rid of and help. I need guidance.
I need words.
I need education.
Without them, I will die I suppose.
And I willnot stop, so don't waste your breath.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:33:52 AM by DemonHunterofIndiana »
It is better to conquer yourself than to win many battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

The situation is a demonic paradox: we have toppled the system but we still carry its genes.

Levinthross

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
Re: Demon Hunting - Educate Me
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:46:14 AM »
well since you seem so dead set on this ima just say weres some light body armor and when they hack you to pieces dont make to big of a mess.
the wind that chills the night, the fire's golden light
the oceans call to you, the earthen fated tune,
I am the ivy binding tight i hold the spells all through the night, i am
nightshade's fated swoon of deaths kiss and witches broom

DemonHunterofIndiana

• Young Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:02:29 AM »
I'll take that into consideration!
It is better to conquer yourself than to win many battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

The situation is a demonic paradox: we have toppled the system but we still carry its genes.

blow_fly

• Realized Monster
  • An extremely curious person
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 01:55:10 AM »
Demons tend to be incorpereal, so martial arts is not going to help you out much in that area. What you need to learn, is how to banish them. From what you've said so far, my understanding is that you are a Christian of some kind and so maybe you might find this to be  useful:http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1199/demon.html.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 01:59:11 AM by blow_fly »
''Come on, I want you to do it, I want you to do it. Come on, hit me. *Hit me!''

-The Joker to Batman, The Dark Knight

thneedly
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 02:00:59 AM »
I think you need to lay off the RPG's. Honestly.
"demons", assuming they even exist, are probably eons-old superior beings that have more power than you could ever even imagine, and that's just the vermin. No amount of personal training could defend you against something made of pure spiritual/psychic energy.
Just for your information, an ancient Hebrew word for demon has been discovered to mean "hyena". Anything that could harm a human was considered evil at the time. The Hebrews were monolatrists, not monotheists. They only worshipped one God, while acknowledging the existence of others. The ancient Middle Eastern peoples had different cults dedicated to different gods, and most often a different city-state/area was dedicated to a certain god. Through pure chance the god of the Hebrew people, Jehovah, survived to modern times. Maybe because the tribal cult dedicated to him was fiercer than most. Either way, your god is just a throw-back to one pagan god of a whole pantheon thought up by human and animal sacrificing desert barbarians. Just to give you a little perspective into religion.
Your god doesn't call you. You take it upon yourself to call on him. Whatever calling you hear is your own invention, my friend.

Tybalt
  • Realized Monster
  • Burn... All of you.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:04:40 AM »
well since you seem so dead set on this ima just say weres some light body armor and when they hack you to pieces dont make to big of a mess.

Oh wow, I'm sure that helped him a bunch, the boy simply asked for advice not what to do when he died, how rude.

Demons tend to be incorpereal, so martial arts is not going to help you out much in that area. What you need to learn, is how to banish them. From what you've said so far, my understanding is that you are a Christian of some kind and so maybe you might find this to be  useful:http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1199/demon.html.

LOL! Contrary, quite the contrary. Martial arts builds your spirit up, makes the universal fire stronger. If you think martial arts is just a physical thing then don't bother even talking about it in a real martial artist's presence. Granted, I don't know if the boy is lying about if he has done martial arts, and doesn't seem so, martial arts helps you as a person find who you are, and in turn help you fight any thing who threatens that meaning.

I think you need to lay off the RPG's. Honestly.
"demons", assuming they even exist, are probably eons-old superior beings that have more power than you could ever even imagine, and that's just the vermin. No amount of personal training could defend you against something made of pure spiritual/psychic energy.
Just for your information, an ancient Hebrew word for demon has been discovered to mean "hyena". Anything that could harm a human was considered evil at the time. The Hebrews were monolatrists, not monotheists. They only worshipped one God, while acknowledging the existence of others. The ancient Middle Eastern peoples had different cults dedicated to different gods, and most often a different city-state/area was dedicated to a certain god. Through pure chance the god of the Hebrew people, Jehovah, survived to modern times. Maybe because the tribal cult dedicated to him was fiercer than most. Either way, your god is just a throw-back to one pagan god of a whole pantheon thought up by human and animal sacrificing desert barbarians. Just to give you a little perspective into religion.
Your god doesn't call you. You take it upon yourself to call on him. Whatever calling you hear is your own invention, my friend.

Ah, we have a person who seems to not even believe in demons. Giving advice after you have said, "assuming they even exist" is a bad way of giving advice, sortive shows in in a bad position actually to give advice.

Ok kiddo, sixteen and you want to do that s**t, thats fine I can't control your life nor do I even care about it, to put it bluntly. I do care about the fact you have asked nicely for advice so I will share the small amount I can.

I don't know about this call you are feeling, I doubt its by god, in fact thats some thing I would do to a human if I was a demon, but there are few humans who feel that call and take to arms, they do not live very long or have much of a social life. My next words will probally come closer to making you not hunt than any one else's in this forum. Most hunters who answer this call usually DIE A VIRGIN, lol! I'm not joking, you don't have much time for a social life. Believe sex is not some thing you want to miss out on either.

As for killing them, continue your martial arts, build your spirit, because in the end that is what the fight is going to be between, your spirit and that demon. Despite what the one before me said, beings can be arrogant and even be killed by a human. Another thing, is that immortals can out live mortals, but mortals can get stronger.
You can build your spirit up, but you can't just be stupid, some thing it does have that you can not deny is knowledge. Not all demons have been around since the begining of time, and not all are ancient, in fact even the ancient ones and the begining of time, you still have a edge over it, and if you are interested in finding out exactly what that edge is, PM me.

I can not really give you any more advice because I am no demon hunter, I don't claim to be. I have socialized wih demons and meddled in that s**t a little while ago. I have killed one and summoned two. That is the extent of my demonic knowledge. I am no expert and I am no viligent hunter.

Good luck.
(Sersiously though, this is the one time I am going to say this or try and convience you other wise, a social life and getting laid is a far much more better life that you should not miss out on. Defending yourself against demons instead of hunting them is also a rightous path if not a more respected path.)
The Dragon of Monsterous.

Nina
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 07:52:44 AM »
hellooooooo!!!!!!! :-o :-o :-o

HE IS BLOODY 16!!!!
:|

are you farkin normal???? :-o :-o :-o

DemonHunterofIndiana

• Young Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:59:36 AM »
Normal as they come Nina. Looking at me, you'd never even expect it! lmao
I play fullback and defensive end on a football team at my highschool,
I make High Honors and attend a private school and I'm currently dating a chick
one year younger than me. To take an arrogant, stereotypical view; my back isn't hunched,
my eyes aren't bulging, I'm not ugly (at least i don't think so lol), and I pretty much
look pretty charismatic to some.

Tybalt has caught my attention however. But I believe I will just PM him about that.
Martial arts, in Tybalt's viewpoint, is the correct one. The first few lines of our school creed is,
I will true confidence through knowledge of the mind, honesty of the heart,
and strength of the body. I will offer friendship to others, and strive to build a strong community.

I'm not understanding this whole spiritual side of it though. Well, not that part about battling using
your spirit vs. the demon's. It would make sense that "Chi" (in chinese, "ki" in japan, "Qi" in india) would affect
the demon and end in dischord if not spiritual based pain. Chi, as it is taught, is the energy put forth from you
being. Flowing up one side of your body, and down the other. Striking pressure points cause disharmony of this life
energy and ends in sickness, fatique, knock-outs, and death. Chi exists in every technique a martial artist is
used to and has executed well enough to visualize what that technique would do. This is called "extending your ki."
Would this not affect the demon's spirit?

If not, how does spirit vs. spirit work then?

carter

• Monstrous Imp
  • Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidenc
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 10:31:26 AM »
Just because you do "normal" things,football,girls etc... doesnt mean that you dont need some professional help.To be blunt some of the so-called advice given here is just crap plain & simple.I mean come on!A sixteen year old kid wanting advice for demon hunting & the potential of death from it goes far beyond loveline material.If you think im kidding go talk to any priest or general health practioner or better yet GO TO YOUR PARENTS & SHOW THEM YOUR POST.Seek opinions from the people i've mentioned & see what rersponse they give.To give you advice of any other kind is not only dangerous but totally irresponsible.

The teenage years can for some be a difficult time & hey im all for a little rpg,fantasy dorking out if thats what you like but to talk seriously about DEMON HUNTING & discuss it as a reality folks is more than a little overboard for a 16 yr.old.

"If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits?....For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." [Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science As a Candle in the Dark]

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 11:28:56 AM »
Hi DHI,

I think the best advice I can offer is to cultivate discernment. This has been sort of suggested in the posts above but not touched directly.

Discernment will let you know when you are decieving yourself or when you are really actually searching for the reality of things.

This is by far the most tricky area of any kind of development, martial arts, football, spirituality. However it is like a master key to them all.

I say tricky because the advice on how to learn it varies from person to person. Also, like true internal power it is not something that happens overnight.  Its a lifelong study but very very rewarding.

ob.

Levinthross

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 12:04:27 PM »

one year younger than me. To take an arrogant, stereotypical view; my back isn't hunched,
my eyes aren't bulging, I'm not ugly (at least i don't think so lol), and I pretty much

Are we talkin fullback defensive on a team that goes against beings strong enough to knock you back five yards with one punch seriouslyman i mean just because you somewhat have a social life does not mean you should run off demon hunting. This would be the sighns of complete fooleshness i mean how long have you actually been studying demons? Do you have some mentor you could apprentice to? how much experience do you have with fully corporeal demons? I'm not trying to be rude but it sounds like you bring the preverbial knife to a gun fight.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:10:59 PM by Levinthross »
the wind that chills the night, the fire's golden light
the oceans call to you, the earthen fated tune,
I am the ivy binding tight i hold the spells all through the night, i am
nightshade's fated swoon of deaths kiss and witches broom

Tybalt
  • Realized Monster
  • Burn... All of you.
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 05:59:33 PM »
Hey guys, we are justs words on a computer screen to him. We can't really tell him what to do. Rather his life is in jepordy or not we may never ever actually know. I'm sure the words, don't do it because its bad won't work, and the words you will die if you continue will work just as welll as that.

If you want him to not demon hunt then try telling him some thing that will catch his attention.
The Dragon of Monsterous.

DemonHunterofIndiana

• Young Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 11:30:27 PM »
Just because you do "normal" things,football,girls etc... doesnt mean that you dont need some professional help.To be blunt some of the so-called advice given here is just crap plain & simple.I mean come on!A sixteen year old kid wanting advice for demon hunting & the potential of death from it goes far beyond loveline material.If you think im kidding go talk to any priest or general health practioner or better yet GO TO YOUR PARENTS & SHOW THEM YOUR POST.Seek opinions from the people i've mentioned & see what rersponse they give.To give you advice of any other kind is not only dangerous but totally irresponsible.

The teenage years can for some be a difficult time & hey im all for a little rpg,fantasy dorking out if thats what you like but to talk seriously about DEMON HUNTING & discuss it as a reality folks is more than a little overboard for a 16 yr.old.

"If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits?....For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." [Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science As a Candle in the Dark]

I was only stating my personal life due to Nina's questioning of my "normalcy." The only illness that runs in the family is diabetes, and I'm pretty confident that diabetes does not cause hallucinations or create the urge to 'demon hunt.'

I've done my research bluntly. I've talked to a catholic priest about it, reviewed it with my parents, and have talked to some of my elder friends about it. They all did not like the idea, but I believe they didn't want to be demons to my ambitions; so they let me live my life according to the way I wish to spend it.

Ignorance is only another step towards death. To so fool-heartedly enter into battle without premeditating your enemy and what they are capable is indeed a very stupid move. I am trying to prevent this, so therefor I need to learn the truth. I didn't want to quote the bible for my ignorance towards remembering chapters and verses, but I do recall in the chapter of Mark he speaks something like, "Do not shun yourself from Satan. Learn his deceptions so you can gaurd against them and not be decieved yourself." Something like that. So, with that being said, I believe it is best for me to understand the severity of finding demons, banishing/defeating demons, protection for others and self-protection against demons, and strategems of that sort.

And finally, there is one last thing I want to advert to. Judging an opponent or enemy based on age is an incredibly dense and senseless thing to do. For example, any aged person can fire a gun as well as the other. An adult can at times outrun a child and also contrariwise. A common street fighter versus a teenager trained in martial arts can easily subdue his opponent, and sometimes can easily be defeated. We cannot control fate. And if humans can not, how much less can age? Much, much less.

DemonHunterofIndiana

• Young Beast
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 11:38:32 PM »

Are we talkin fullback defensive on a team that goes against beings strong enough to knock you back five yards with one punch seriouslyman i mean just because you somewhat have a social life does not mean you should run off demon hunting. This would be the sighns of complete fooleshness i mean how long have you actually been studying demons? Do you have some mentor you could apprentice to? how much experience do you have with fully corporeal demons? I'm not trying to be rude but it sounds like you bring the preverbial knife to a gun fight.

Again: the whole personal life information was a response to the inquiry from Nina. Don't cut off my tongue just for saying that; I meant not for boasting a social life. Just implying that I may have qualities of being whatever people consider "normal."

However, I would have to argue against what you're saying. I do not simply "run of demon hunting." If I were to perform this, I would not be in this very place. I would be winging it over at places where I believed they were and places where I felt an intuition of needing to be present at. I know not methods to study demons, so I am here of course. I found a list, but is this an effective way of becoming more protected and able to perform what I intend on doing? Or will I simply just be asking for death?

I have no mentor except for those I find educated enough here to instruct me. I've had a very serious interaction with a demon before, but it was in a dream state. Or it happened when I was asleep and I woke upto it. I still am oblivious to if I was on a spiritual plane or the phyical one. I will give more information on this occurence to those who find it necessary. I believe I figured something out great, but do not understand it's meaning or efficacy.

A martial artist learns never to show upto a gun fight with simply a knife or short reach weapon. That is simply suicide!  :wink:

Nina
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 02:37:08 AM »
When I asked "are you normal?" I didnt mean "do you do normal stuff in your life?".

What I wanted to know is more like this:

Do you really think that a normal kid of 16 would go demon hunting?

Cause, one thing needs to be said. If you want to destroy such old and strong entities before you die (cause you surely will being inexperienced as you are) maybe you should live and learn more about life that surrounds you first.

Cause trust me, you would do much more by fighting real life criminals, and wrong doers, than fight the invisible ones. Demons are not such a danger to a modern world as a modern man is. Turn around yourself and read newspaper, watch tv, you will see that most pain is being caused to people by other people.

My advise would be to you to finish your school, then join police force or FBI or something, world doesnt need a fog chaser, but  someone who can help in real ways. Leave the demon hunting to those who know their job.

And, man, go get some booty!!!!