Author Topic: Rage  (Read 2463 times)

Thirteen

• Young Beast
Re: Rage
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 03:51:40 pm »
@jordyn Thank you! This'll help me greatly. :)
If you can't beat 'em - join 'em.

Call me a monster and I'll grin.
Cal me a sinner and my grin will get grinner.

http://www.thewerewolvesden.forumotion.eu

ArcticWolf88

• Weres
  • Great Master
  • Calling me freak is nothing but a compliment to me
    • TheWerewolvesDen
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 07:15:56 pm »
Ive always had bouts with anger. Still do. One thing I would warn against is trying to drink them away. That is a lethal combination. Something I used to do is lift weights, it dosnt really stop the rage, but it kinda slowes it. Its more a way to avoid acting on the urges, kinda like taking your dog for a long walk so it wont chew on the furniture.

Martial arts of any kind is a good outlet.

One thing that helped me with meditation in the begining, and at the time my  goal was to take a clear look inside myself was a dark blindfold and earplugs. Close your sences so they can only go inside. I will warn you though, you may not like some of the things you find.

I'm not a Martial artist, but I find working out is one of the BEST ways to help control rage. I just work out until I wear myself out, then I'm way to tired to be enraged anymore :-D I've been really p*ssed off lately and I've been working out for 2 - 2 1/2 hours a day for almost a week, AND now I've lost almost 15 pounds *Yay Me!* :lol:

One thing I would warn against is trying to drink them away.
I SO agree with Ravin!! Smoking them away with pot doesn't help either. Any way you slice it, drugs/alcohol are not the solution...
TheWerewolvesDen - "Home for all the World's Were's"
http://thewerewolvesden.forumotion.eu/

"Hey Psst... Twilight...I got some news, Vampires aren't supposed to sparkle and Werewolves are supposed to have fangs! I guess you didn't get the memo, huh?"

Thirteen

• Young Beast
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 05:24:48 pm »
Straightedge  :wink:

ArcticWolf88

• Weres
  • Great Master
    • TheWerewolvesDen
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 06:57:05 pm »
Straightedge  :wink:

OK, I'm a were, and its hard enough to control myself (anger, "drives", hunting-instincts etc.), now imagine a high or drunk were??? Yes, def. NOT exactly a pretty picture as I used to be a major Pot-head, and was getting into heroin toward the end, trust me, I know what I'm talking about!! *<:) I only stopped because my girlfriend and family wanted me to stop...trust me being a high were is kind of awesome, particularily when in a Mental-shift <^>, but SO not recommended and not worth it... :laugh:

Ravin, I'm not sure if your a were/therian, but at least yours was *ONLY* a drinking problem (not trying to belittle it in the least), I drank too (alot), don't get me wrong...again drunk or high (or Drunk AND High weres :doh:), not exactly a great picture... :banplea: Happy 2 years sober to me!!!  :-D

"Hey Psst... Twilight...I got some news, Vampires aren't supposed to sparkle and Werewolves are supposed to have fangs! I guess you didn't get the memo, huh?"

Nina
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 04:39:40 am »
WTG man! Smart call ;)

Thirteen

• Young Beast
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 05:03:17 am »
Wow! What a recovery! Keep it up. :)

TeteoInan

• Great Master
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 06:45:33 am »
Agreed! Very nice Arctic, well done.
"Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle."

ArcticWolf88

• Weres
  • Great Master
    • TheWerewolvesDen
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 10:48:06 am »
Awww, thanks so much guys :-D I can't take credit for it though, for all intensive purposes it was my GF and my Mother that saved me from myself.

Getting off of heroin, pot and drinking was not as hard as getting over the addicting feeling of being a high were. How great is the feeling of being high on heroin and the feeling of shifting, now combine the two and see how hard it was for me to get rid of the "Rush" addiction rather than the actual substance addiction...:-o

I did pay for what I did, I lost some of my great singing voice to the fracking pot. I used to have a great voice that people liked to listen to, Esp. when I sang, now its all deeper and gravelly, and I hate my new voice sometimes, although I can now sing death metal perfectly, so I guess I traded singing Pop and Jazz for Death metal... <^> :gun:

TeteoInan

• Great Master
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 07:00:41 am »
You know what? That's something I didn't think of Arctic.

Thirteen, do you have any musical or artistic hobbies? Putting the emotions and energy you have into music or art is a great way to get rid of it. Not only do you have to face how you are feeling, but you're not bottling it up, and you're not hiding it. Communication all around.  :-D
"Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle."

ArcticWolf88

• Weres
  • Great Master
    • TheWerewolvesDen
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 01:29:04 pm »

Thirteen, do you have any musical or artistic hobbies? Putting the emotions and energy you have into music or art is a great way to get rid of it. Not only do you have to face how you are feeling, but you're not bottling it up, and you're not hiding it. Communication all around.  :-D

I wasn't even thinking of that when I typed that, but music and art are the best way next to working out for me to control rage is to sing music, specifically Metal and Rap, so I can express my rage creatively... or at least non-destructively... *<:)

Thirteen

• Young Beast
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 08:15:27 pm »

I do, actually. I'm in a band as a keyboardist (I play at home as well) that usually helps me express what I'm feeling, but after a while I get frustrated. :/

And I've always drawn, but I'm a perfectionist so you know there's bound to be issues.

Funny though, I actually bought a coloring book as kind of a mind-relaxing, no thought activity to do when I'm stressed to give my brain a break.  :-P

TeteoInan

• Great Master
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 02:57:35 pm »
Awesome!

Haven't played any music myself in awhile... and I haven't drawn anything new recently. Partially because I'd smoke alot when I did either of those things... so I avoided it for awhile just to be able to quit.
Think I'll be picking the pencils back up soon though. I don't smoke, and I have plenty of hormone changes to deal with soon. It'll help, I'm sure.

I'm depressed, for instance... right now... because I don't have any Snickers Ice Cream Bars... Pathetic, yeah?   :-P

ArcticWolf88

• Weres
  • Great Master
    • TheWerewolvesDen
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 03:07:47 pm »

I do, actually. I'm in a band as a keyboardist (I play at home as well) that usually helps me express what I'm feeling, but after a while I get frustrated. :/

And I've always drawn, but I'm a perfectionist so you know there's bound to be issues.

Funny though, I actually bought a coloring book as kind of a mind-relaxing, no thought activity to do when I'm stressed to give my brain a break.  :-P

No shame in going back to childhood once and a while Thirteen...I used to be in a garage band in HS called La Clube Sanguine...I really like singing metal, but I've kind of moved on to rapping more now, I helped my raccoon-Therian friend produce a demo CD, though it didn't do well, it was fun to do :-D Singing is so relaxing to me, I guess the music tames the beast inside of me... *<:)  I just listen to Basshunter, Fort Minor or Three Days Grace and zone out when my brain needs a break...try listening to some of those bands, they're pretty good...I can send u some of my old stuff from HS too, if you'd rather listen to that, before my voice went to pot (pun intended)

Thirteen

• Young Beast
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 03:33:56 pm »
@Teteo I get like that sometimes too. Depressed for no good reason at all. I always try to stay on the positive side of life, but sometimes its just too hard. Sometimes there's just too many factors that get to you.

@Arctic Love to hear it. I'm into most every music.

Sorry if I don't have much to say, I'm in one of those moods again.

ArcticWolf88

• Weres
  • Great Master
    • TheWerewolvesDen
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 04:17:00 pm »
@Teteo I get like that sometimes too. Depressed for no good reason at all. I always try to stay on the positive side of life, but sometimes its just too hard. Sometimes there's just too many factors that get to you.

@Arctic Love to hear it. I'm into most every music.

Sorry if I don't have much to say, I'm in one of those moods again.

@Thirteen - Thanks, I'm really into music too. I love to sing and I can play the guitar (electric or acoustic) and I like Metal, Techno, Latin Pop and Rap...no-shame in having an eclectic/international taste in music  :-D

@ Teteo - There's a reason that my singnature is what it is, its how I keep from being depressed, I hope it helps u too..."...If out of the deepest darkness, comes the purest of light, then we must ask ourselves... Would we know what the purest of the light is, without the dark..." - Me