Author Topic: urges of power  (Read 2482 times)

Vince_03
  • Weres
  • Realized Monster
urges of power
« on: June 04, 2007, 03:52:40 am »
hey there . . . i was wondering if you could help me with my prob. you see, i sometimes have strong urges to p-shift, like the other night when i was watching tv with my family, when i suddenly had a strong urge to p-shift. it's a good thing though that i was able to control it.

so . . . could you give me any tips on how to control this urges?

pls . . . pls . . .

Vince_03
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Moloch

• Realized Monster
Re: urges of power
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 04:23:35 am »
Now that we have this topic in the correct place...it would seem that you can control these shifts just fine; though it may still frighten you. Any suggestions anyone?

Seth
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 08:22:47 pm »
 :oops: what's a p-shift?
Great care must be taken in the shadows - only God knows what lies within them.

Loup Garou
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 08:51:12 pm »
P-Shift (aka "Physical Shift") -- a physical manifestation of a "therianthrope's" "other side".  Usually described by those that claim to have had one as "OMG - I grew clawz and my eyez changed colrs and I eat raw steaks b-cauz I'm teh awesome!"

More seriously discussed as an extremely remote possibility at best, and a useless fantasy at worst.   P-shifting is a bone of contention between many in the "therianthrope" community.  Most don't believe it's possible at all, and many of those take every opportunity to shoot down anyone who suggests otherwise.

Vince:  Try taking a walk and getting some more exercise (especially during one of the above-mentioned "urges").  Avoid silver and moonstone (and related minerals like tiger's eye), and try to carry some turquoise or a pouch of sea salt (tightly sealed, but perhaps in a natural container like birch bark or leather) to help ground all that extra tension.  Make sure the turquoise is genuine, too - it's easy for someone to slip a hunk of plastic under your nose.  A metaphyiscal (e.g. "New Age") store, or a rock-shop should have everything listed above.

~ Loup

PS:  The "OMG" bit above is about as accurate as I can get it without wanting to play in traffic over all that bad spelling.  Seriously though, one should be extremely wary of people who claim to know "the secret" to physically shifting, claim to be able to teach you how to do it, brag about their wonky powers, etc.  Most of those people usually come across as described above.  It was not my intention to belittle anyone that believe physical shifting can and/or does occur.

Seth
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 04:55:17 am »
 :-o  ooookaaayyy.

That does make some sense, I guess. Not being one, I wouldn't know.
Great care must be taken in the shadows - only God knows what lies within them.

Moloch

• Realized Monster
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 09:40:32 am »
She's not kidding either. I tend to have an averse reaction to most "white" crystals, which while it's not a "white" crystal, I have to add Hematite to that list as well. Crystals and such do have some effect on people, so give it a try Vince.