Faeries, The Fay & The Hidden > Faeries & The Fay

Changeling

(1/4) > >>

Angelus:
We have all heard of changelings. I have seen a few posts of people on this site and others claiming to be changelings. So it is time to discuss. What do people accept as the general description of a changeling?

Muerte:
  Lycantropy

The child switched upon birth

Homuculus

One who is able to assume the form of anouther

Or one who is changed by magics

Which type are we to discuss?

Countess:
I was raised in the belief that a changeling was a Fae race baby, usually one of the Unseelie Fae, that was switched with a human child either as a prank, revenge for a slight, or in rare instances as a sort of mole or spy. Usually the child was covered with a glamour that made it appear totally normal  & at some point that glamour was broken the child's true identity being revealed. Some however never seem to appear as anything other than human but most likely have unusual abilities & may seem to "sparkle" or "shimmer" & their eyes are usually more brilliant than normal.  Deals could sometimes be struck for the return of the human child but as with most unseelie deals this never works out for the humans.

chaoticpsyche:

--- Quote from: Countess on January 26, 2011, 04:27:52 PM ---I was raised in the belief that a changeling was a Fae race baby, usually one of the Unseelie Fae, that was switched with a human child either as a prank, revenge for a slight, or in rare instances as a sort of mole or spy. Usually the child was covered with a glamour that made it appear totally normal  & at some point that glamour was broken the child's true identity being revealed. Some however never seem to appear as anything other than human but most likely have unusual abilities & may seem to "sparkle" or "shimmer" & their eyes are usually more brilliant than normal.  Deals could sometimes be struck for the return of the human child but as with most unseelie deals this never works out for the humans.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say I was raised to believe this, but that's how it's been told to me, so I must agree with Countess.

However, there are different types of changelings, as Muerte has brought up. Some of which you'd never even suspect of being a changeling.

whatami:
this is probably a stupid question but do changelings always know they arechangelings??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version