Monstrous People > The Psi Zone

weak or dormant powers

<< < (2/3) > >>

Daemonin:
If I worked at a bookstore I'd have no money for food.  Though... My Grandmother does... hmmm....

Well, what all are you wanting to learn?  Right now I'm reading The Palmistry Workbook.  It's cool because... well, it's a workbook and with each chapter you can actually practice what you learn and build on it that way.

I'm a book junkie, but like LG said you do need to practice what you learn, too.  With that said...

http://innertraditions.com/

You'll probably find what you're looking for here.

Muerte:

--- Quote from: drakes-_hand on August 05, 2011, 10:18:07 AM --- i live far from any book store
--- End quote ---

I suggest you ask for a Nook (or similar device) upon your next B-Day or on Christmas, whichever is first.  I myself have bought one and the convenience of downloading books while standing in line at a McDonalds or while ordering Coffee at Starbucks is rather enjoyable.  Plus you always have your whole library at your finger tips.

Nina:

--- Quote from: drakes-_hand on August 05, 2011, 10:18:07 AM ---I am also worried about my safety during meditation if i am in an open state does that mean's i am vulnerable?

--- End quote ---

Yes, in that state even more than being firmly in one dimension. When you are just starting to awaken that abilities in you (this goes for teens especially), you more than likely have no clue of whats out there (or maybe a better word would be in there). Im sure that most dont have negative experience, but what Ive learned is that going there without some sort of protection is a bit... irresponsible. Be it your totems, ancestors, God, angels, pray... it doesnt matter. Just you knowing that you protected yourself is a weapon for itself. ;)

drakes-_hand:
(update) While meditating had slight tingling feeling also increased hearing, (heard the dog outside barking) Is this to be expected or is it my imagination?

ravinclaw:
Its not your imagination.

Your hearing will fight you all the way. In the begining you will notice every sound. Ignore it. Keap your concentration, and if you lose it, make a point to regain it smoothly.

And on a personal note, I have never had a negative experiance while meditating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version