MonsterVision > Monstrous TV

Divine

(1/2) > >>

Jake:
"Divine" is a web series created by Maple Blood Productions, a group of Vancouver-based filmmakers, producers, directors, special effects technicians, stunt people, writers and actors that "wanted to take on the challenge of creating a brand new idea and deliver it for a worldwide audience that’s online... to push the envelope for what a web series can be, both in terms of quality of storytelling as well as in the concept of creating something that’s designed to thrive in an online format."

Created, produced and directed by Ivan Hayden (visual effects "Supernatural", "Lost", "Stargate SG-1" etc) the series is based around a young priest coping with his loss of faith, "who has his world turned upside-down when he witnesses the resurrection of an immortal being named Divine. Given sanctuary by the church, Divine leads a never-ending crusade to show lost souls they have the power to choose their destiny between good and evil. With guidance from the priest’s mentor and Divine’s street-smart sidekick, the Father must now confront his own demons and the dark forces that challenge Divine."

Described as "a dark action/supernatural thriller that’s got the DNA of graphic novels, kick-ass action sequences and creepy supernatural dread all in its genetic makeup", the series aims to entertain "but also make viewers think and debate some of life’s biggest mysteries such as:  is there some force beyond what we can see? Does each of us have the free will to decide our destiny or are our decisions preordained by a higher power?"

It has been funded through Kickstarter, the largest funding platform for creative projects in the world.

Divine site: http://www.divinetheseries.com/

ViciouslyMe:
Sounds a little too 'uncreative' in story, but will check it out. I've been surprised before.

Jake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upGo0zmctiI&feature=player_embedded

Unless anybody really wants them linked, I'll leave episodes 2,3,4 and 5 for you guys to find from the YouTube links or Divine website. Enjoy, there are some awesome talents working hard on this project.

Nina:
Erm, wait, why would a divine creature whip itself? Ok, he prolly killed someone or something (didnt watch all the way through) but that sounds way too... i dunno. Wrong?

AWBrielle:
^ No - his name is Divine. Sure, he's a divine creature, but it's kind of metaphorical. Or so they said to me. xD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version