Monstrous Café > Say It!

Sadly I'm back >.>

<< < (2/7) > >>

Angelus:
The place is going to the Twihards. Me and some of the old crew are trying our best.

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Angelus on August 13, 2012, 05:12:30 AM ---The place is going to the Twihards. Me and some of the old crew are trying our best.

--- End quote ---

It's all good as long as you can accept it's all fantasy derived from simple psychosis, mental disfunction, ignorant stupidity and atheism is the only truthful experience based in fact and rational.

*shrugs

anything else is bound to get a firmly supported smackdown.

markml0528:

--- Quote from: jordyn on August 29, 2012, 11:18:58 AM ---
It's all good as long as you can accept it's all fantasy derived from simple psychosis, mental disfunction, ignorant stupidity and atheism is the only truthful experience based in fact and rational.

*shrugs

anything else is bound to get a firmly supported smackdown.

--- End quote ---

What makes you say that atheism is the only true experience?  That would be an absolute knowledge claim, of which no sane atheist would make. 

Are you still bitter from the "atheism is a religion" debate? 

jordyn:
No, i'm sad that a place that USED to be a haven where people like me enjoyed open discussion about what we experience without the fear of insults to our mentality because we do believe, particularly from people who say they're dabbling, fail to have any experiences an so dismiss it all as delusion and mental illness...sounds more like hypocracy.

this is no longer a haven for monsters, but i know a lot of atheist who revel in the opportunity to tear down spiritualism that would now find this place a haven, prove there is no god!!!

you want proof there is something more, but those who experience such things have no doubt and now need to justify their experiences on a board that they came to believing they'd be free of such judgements and think they can openly discuss the problems and issues pursuing such paths can present, only to find a small pit of rattlers telling them they're crazy and need a shrink.

that's their first thought and why most come here...only to be told they are crazy?

Poor moderation is nothing new here or on any other forum, their removal is a good choice and usually improves the flow of the forum, but the attacks on spiritual beliefs is new around here and will improve nothing.

some haven....

markml0528:

--- Quote from: jordyn on August 31, 2012, 09:07:10 AM ---No, i'm sad that a place that USED to be a haven where people like me enjoyed open discussion about what we experience without the fear of insults to our mentality because we do believe, particularly from people who say they're dabbling, fail to have any experiences an so dismiss it all as delusion and mental illness...sounds more like hypocracy.
--- End quote ---

I genuinely don't understand your logic.  How is this hypocritical? 

--- Quote ---this is no longer a haven for monsters, but i know a lot of atheist who revel in the opportunity to tear down spiritualism that would now find this place a haven, prove there is no god!!!
--- End quote ---

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you have an ill informed notion of respect.  Unless Loki says otherwise, this is very much a safe haven for monsters.  That does not mean that they deserve to be immune from criticism.  Criticism does not equal disrespect.  Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "prove there is no god".  Are you talking about the atheists that you know that try to prove god is not real?

--- Quote ---you want proof there is something more, but those who experience such things have no doubt and now need to justify their experiences on a board that they came to believing they'd be free of such judgements and think they can openly discuss the problems and issues pursuing such paths can present, only to find a small pit of rattlers telling them they're crazy and need a shrink.
--- End quote ---

I simply cannot just take your word for it that you have had supernatural experiences that cannot be explained by natural phenomena.  Again, no one is exempt from criticism.  If someone claims to have contacted a demon, or is a werewolf or something, that is definitely a far fetched claim.  Why take offense when I ask for evidence? 

--- Quote ---that's their first thought and why most come here...only to be told they are crazy?
--- End quote ---

I don't believe I called anyone crazy.  I can't speak for anyone else. 

--- Quote ---Poor moderation is nothing new here or on any other forum, their removal is a good choice and usually improves the flow of the forum, but the attacks on spiritual beliefs is new around here and will improve nothing.
--- End quote ---

I've been witness to poor moderation, and moderators who disregard the rules because they think they are above them, while having that ban hammer ready to silence any dissenting opinion simply because it "annoyed" them. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version