Faeries, The Fay & The Hidden > Faeries & The Fay

Santa Claus

<< < (2/3) > >>

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Angelus on January 04, 2013, 08:10:06 AM ---
So, I leave you with a question. If Santa is really just a Fae, who visits near the winter solstice, looking for some left out milk and a cookie, if he is a Fae or a God or seasonal spirit who we associated with a gift giving saint, if he is seen by millions but ignored by adults who tell excited children "you saw Santa? Wow! Aren't you a lucky boy/girl!", then I want you to think right back to your childhood, when Christmas was magic and you didn't have to "believe" in magic because it was part of the world like a rainbow or a coin pulled from your ear.
Think back and ask yourself,
Did you see Santa?

--- End quote ---

No, my dad wore heavy boots when he'd carry the presents down the hall, us children caught on quickly but we had brownies...they helped around the house for milk.

My Bohemian heritage likes the history of King Wenceslaus and my polish side has St. Nicholas, we'd leave out a shoe instead of stockings.

Angelus:

--- Quote from: SterekSeeker on January 04, 2013, 08:34:19 PM ---Really, bro, it was an honest mistake... From your wording I thought this was open to discussion. Sorry not sorry.
Also this is my first time on a forum site, so I don't really know the... idk 'cues' yet, or whatever, ok?
Jesus H. Christ take a chillpill.

--- End quote ---

Sorry mate. I was making a cruel joke. I wasn't really over reacting. Guess its hard to show tone when typing. I suppose I could have lol'd or something.

--- Quote from: jordyn on January 05, 2013, 04:37:32 PM ---
So, I leave you with a question. If Santa is really just a Fae, who visits near the winter solstice, looking for some left out milk and a cookie, if he is a Fae or a God or seasonal spirit who we associated with a gift giving saint, if he is seen by millions but ignored by adults who tell excited children "you saw Santa? Wow! Aren't you a lucky boy/girl!", then I want you to think right back to your childhood, when Christmas was magic and you didn't have to "believe" in magic because it was part of the world like a rainbow or a coin pulled from your ear.
Did you see Santa?

--- End quote ---

No, my dad wore heavy boots when he'd carry the presents down the hall, us children caught on quickly but we had brownies...they helped around the house for milk.

My Bohemian heritage likes the history of King Wenceslaus and my polish side has St. Nicholas, we'd leave out a shoe instead of stockings.

--- End quote ---

I have not heard about king Wenceslas. I am intrigued. Could you tell me more?

jordyn:

--- Quote from: Angelus on January 10, 2013, 08:03:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: SterekSeeker on January 04, 2013, 08:34:19 PM ---Really, bro, it was an honest mistake... From your wording I thought this was open to discussion. Sorry not sorry.
Also this is my first time on a forum site, so I don't really know the... idk 'cues' yet, or whatever, ok?

--- End quote ---

Sorry mate. I was making a cruel joke. I wasn't really over reacting. Guess its hard to show tone when typing. I suppose I could have lol'd or something.

Did you see Santa?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

He was a Bohemian King known for his unusual generosity, sadly there's not much to know it was such a short lived kingdom. 

http://suite101.com/article/king-wenceslas-of-bohemia-a71819

"The young king’s Christian beliefs permeated his reign and he soon became renown for his acts of charity, especially the help he gave to the poor whom he sheltered and clothed."

considering how christianized Christmas became, i think he's an appropriate symbol.  ;)

SterekSeeker:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Apology accepted. :P

Angelus:

--- Quote from: jordyn on January 10, 2013, 08:48:14 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Did you see Santa?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

He was a Bohemian King known for his unusual generosity, sadly there's not much to know it was such a short lived kingdom. 

http://suite101.com/article/king-wenceslas-of-bohemia-a71819

"The young king’s Christian beliefs permeated his reign and he soon became renown for his acts of charity, especially the help he gave to the poor whom he sheltered and clothed."

considering how christianized Christmas became, i think he's an appropriate symbol.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Interesting. It's amazing how all these different gift givers have been sewn together to create the most recognisable symbol of Christmas. I shall look into more about this king with great interest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version