Faeries, The Fay & The Hidden > Faeries & The Fay

Fae... What is it exactly?

<< < (2/7) > >>

nightwolf:
Any advanced tech will break a Fey's abilities and cause physical harm if they aren't guarded against it.  It used to be cold iron, but that's just the steel technology at work.  These days any advanced tech will do it, if you break the glamour.  But don't think that just having a cell phone, laptop, or even a gun handy will save you even if you can break it.  And generally I'm guessing that most people here wouldn't know how.

The Fey are nasty, and worse they're bored.  Problem with being immortal.  But yeah, don't mess around with them.  The best case scenario is that you'll die.

I hope that clarifies the cell phone statement.

Levinthross:
theyre essentially spirits whose purpose is to carry out a specific duty or they are the embodiement of that duty i.e frost blooming flowers death illness
they operate without the progmadity of human dogma which essintially makes them unable to fully comprehend human principal and need for order.

CelticSeeker:
Beware the Seelie and Unseelie courts. They are not to be trifled with or attacked. Those without Sight find it difficult to even see them let alone fight them. They are not Tinkerbell.

Angelus:

--- Quote ---Okay well then "who" is the fae. Give me the basics. Not the folklore, but what is beleived of them in real life.
--- End quote ---

Folklore is the main way of knowing what the fae are. Its not like you can just walk out to a mushroom ring in your garden and see one. And they arent all evil. Fae covers alot of different breeds of what are generaly accepted to be forest folk or nature spirits. Fairies, pixies, gnomes, brownies. You tend to find most are friendly enough as long as you dont look at them but dont ignore anything that i there work. Such as don't look at one, the may make you go blind as people arent supposed to be able to see them, but if one talks to you he/she wants to be seen so dont ignore them. If you get up one morning and your kitchen has been cleaned but no one did it, then leave out some milk, cheese and small clothes, doll clothes would do, or you might upset the Brownie who cleaned your mess. Dont ever purposely look for a fae, they hate being spied on more than just being seen but if one grabs for your attention give them it undivided, never go with a fairy. If it invites you anywhere never go, if it offers you food never eat it, and if it invites you to dance fein an injury, all these things lead to you being taken away by them to either never come back or come back hours, days, weeks, months or years later. Similar to alien abduction. Its is believed by some due to amazing similarities between fairies and ufo obduction that they may be one and the same, fairy glamour (the ability that makes fairies invisible or makes them look like other people or animals) could adapt for the modern day as people today are more willing to believe in aliens than magic in modern day, or vive versa, aliens obducted people all those years ago and fairies were the easiest way to explain it back then.

Kadesh:
 Cell phone?? Are you serious??  Viscous creatures thousands of years old are going to be killed with a cell phone?? And everyone has rules. Including both courts. Whether you understand them or not, that's on you. But the rules exist. The "Sight"... you don't so much see them as feel them.... Demons are seen more easily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version