The Animal Within > Monstrous Animals

What makes a monstrous animal?

(1/3) > >>

Regina Terra:
Is it a unique species? Does it have to be some sorta freak? Or a blood thirsty, man eating, feral creature forced out of their natural habitat?

I would love your input, y'all, on what truly is a monstrous animal. ^.^

Mr. Kreepy:
In my opinion, all animals are monstrous.
Every last creature on this Earth has learned to survive in an unforgiving, cruel, and dangerous world. Mother Nature is an abusive lady and she practices tough love all over the place. Without being fierce, nothing would survive. Even domesticated animals are just as wild as their wild cousins, and if humans were to just drop dead one day I can guarantee that domesticated animals would shed their "domestication" quite eagerly.
Heck, even some of the cutest, most innocent-looking creatures in nature have sharp teeth that can cause massive damage.

To go even further, I might even say: We live in a monstrous world. Every last thing on this planet is horrific if one looks deep enough.

blow_fly:
The way I see it, a Monstrous animal would be anything capable of refuting preconceived human stereotypes about it in the some of the most unsettling ways imaginable. Simple aggression and ferocity alone does not merit the designation of ''Monstrous'' in my book. A perfect example of what I'm talkiang about would be the bottlenose dolphin which despite its popular image as a gregarious friendly animal, has been recorded attacking humans, with some of these assualts proving fatal.

Regina Terra:
I agree blow fly, they have even been recorded using baby porpoises as TOYS, until they die, then they just go find a new one. o.0

Flipper indeed. :-P

blow_fly:
''Flipper'' is largely why people adore dolphins, much the same way that they have this fear of white sharks that has been blown out of proportion by ''Jaws''. In both cases, the entertainment industry has painted a highly inaccurate picture of both the marine predators that I have mentioned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version