The Animal Within > Monstrous Animals

New Species

(1/2) > >>

Chaos:
New Species

The link above has pictures and information on a couple of the recently discovered species.

One thing of note, the article described the Heteropoda maxima as having a legspan of up to 12 inches, the same length as the Goliath birdeater. If the Heteropoda maxima really is the largest spider in the world, it must really be a monster of a spider.

Daemonin:
The viper is my favorite, but that's just me  :-)

But that's just great, one more monstrously large spider that will eat us.  Lovely  :-D

Chaos:

--- Quote from: Daemonin on December 28, 2008, 04:19:59 PM ---The viper is my favorite, but that's just me  :-)

But that's just great, one more monstrously large spider that will eat us.  Lovely  :-D

--- End quote ---

The viper was my favorite too.
Was I the only one that looked at the picture of the viper and mistaken the black circles for being its eyes? I was sitting here thinking, "What a weird looking snake," until I finally realized I was looking at it wrong.  :laugh:

Rocket:
The Kachin woolly bat has to be my favourite out of the lot %*)

Daemonin:

--- Quote from: Chaos on December 28, 2008, 08:50:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Daemonin on December 28, 2008, 04:19:59 PM ---The viper is my favorite, but that's just me  :-)

--- End quote ---

The viper was my favorite too.
Was I the only one that looked at the picture of the viper and mistaken the black circles for being its eyes? I was sitting here thinking, "What a weird looking snake," until I finally realized I was looking at it wrong.  :laugh:

--- End quote ---

I did that too!! I was like O.o What the heck... but then I saw the eyes  :doh: lol

The bat is cute, too.  Hm...  I like the froggy.  Ribbit!  :-D  I wonder what else they will find there? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version