The Animal Within > Monstrous Animals

Do animals have a soul?

(1/4) > >>

Loki:
A lot of religions plead that animal can be your next incarnation.

SherlawkDragon:

--- Quote from: Loki on March 21, 2009, 05:39:58 PM ---A lot of religions plead that animal can be your next incarnation.
--- End quote ---
And alot of Therians think it's the reason why they are therians.  I'm not sure if I believe if reincarnation is even a fact, let alone a cause for therianthropy.

--- Quote from: TeteoInan on March 21, 2009, 06:24:20 PM ---Hah... that reminds me of an idea... there's a preview out for a movie or something where a dog can communicate through his collar...
--- End quote ---
Is it "The Magnificent Wilf"?  I was a big fan of Gordon R. penisson back when I was younger (mainly his Dragon Knight series, it's obvious why)

--- Quote from: Mr. Kreepy on March 21, 2009, 05:44:48 PM ---Of course, one might argue that the concept of a soul is simply the by-product of self-awareness, in which case animals wouldn't have a soul.

--- Quote from: TeteoInan on March 21, 2009, 06:00:31 PM ---...and neither would most humans...
--- End quote ---
Not necessarily. ALL humans (barring those in a vegetative state) are sentient, regardless of their intellectual capacity.
--- End quote ---
Who says that animals aren't "self aware"?  They're there, they have brains, they do stuff, they make decisions, they seem aware to me...

SherlawkDragon:

--- Quote from: Mr. Kreepy on March 21, 2009, 09:00:04 PM ---See what I mean?
--- End quote ---
I think so, you're basically saying that all creatures have "Spirits", but only human "Spirits" can be classified as a "Soul" because of the different scale on which humans think.  Humans have a very concrete grasp of "this happened earlier, so if I do this now, this will happen later" type thinking, humans can dynamically comprehend concepts of physics, math, and philosophy, and that's what makes their Spirit different.  I guess I would agree with that.  I believe that all creatures have an energy, and when they die, that energy is released.  I guess a humans energy would be different from a cat's energy, just as a cat's energy is different from a beetle's energy.

oldbill4823:
For me the issue is a simple one.
I say that animals have souls because i have at times seen them.
Same goes for trees and plants.

Loki:
This is also my belief - there is not much difference between man and animals (except that animals are not evil and suicidal).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version