Author Topic: Religious Simolaritys  (Read 5990 times)

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
Re: Religious Simolaritys
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »
The quakers won right? Thats why we eat quaker oats brand oatmeal. :?

actually the puritans could be compared to contemporary fundamentals and quakers are now the Society of Friends, i don't think either side lost just changed with the times, i prefer charismatic faith though and Fox was as ideally charismatic as any other person who feels more faith in God and less faith in the world and words of men.

unless you were being faceitious in which case; why bother posting in a thread you only have an interest in mocking?

fundamentalism is always wrong, no matter what stirs it.
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 02:45:08 PM »
Lighten up. Its not like i seriously tried to undermine the discussion by baiting people to answer sensitive questions that would have degenerated this thread into a mess of flaming and petty name calling.

I just wanted to throw that line in somewhere. its all cool.
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

DARKNESS AWAKENED

• Monstrous Imp
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
the land that they are always fighting over is the cradle of civilization in many religions.  but the problem with that is can anyone provide hard tangible evidence and not just blind faith.  can anyone prove that all the "good books" such as the bible,quran  etc...  are more than the mere bedtime stories and fairytales they almost indefinitley prove themselves to b.  religion is also a way for man to explain what he is not able to comprehend.  so that leads to a question man has always killed whatb he doesnt understand when will the time b for organized religion.  and every religion has their guarded, terrible secrets.  why is it that no-one has stood against any of the bs.  is there a flaw with religion bad enough that they silence those that discover the truth.  would exposing the delusion of religiion trigger the apocalypse because man is not yet ready for the truth
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:15:37 PM by DARKNESS AWAKENED »
i am the darkness born out of light

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 09:29:27 AM »
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 11:03:15 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM#noexternalembed

Lol!

Wow, I laughed so much xD WAit a minute... Jack Nicholson... is GOD?!
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
my computer is a piece of s**t, I cant even watch videos anymore.........damn damn damn

Ryobi

• Realized Monster
  • As Above, So Below.
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 05:51:55 PM »
I feel a fluttering in my stomach whenever I see that. It could be laughter, it could be love.
When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

jordyn

• Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »
the land that they are always fighting over is the cradle of civilization in many religions.  but the problem with that is can anyone provide hard tangible evidence and not just blind faith.  can anyone prove that all the "good books" such as the bible,quran  etc...  are more than the mere bedtime stories and fairytales they almost indefinitley prove themselves to b.  religion is also a way for man to explain what he is not able to comprehend.  so that leads to a question man has always killed whatb he doesnt understand when will the time b for organized religion.  and every religion has their guarded, terrible secrets.  why is it that no-one has stood against any of the bs.  is there a flaw with religion bad enough that they silence those that discover the truth.  would exposing the delusion of religiion trigger the apocalypse because man is not yet ready for the truth

the layers of archeology still buried and the fact that most of the earliest intelligences of  man including animal husbandry, farming and society all started out in the mesopotamian area.

http://www.mesopotamia.co.uk/time/explore/main_mes.html

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/ht/02/wam/ht02wam.htm

any universal truth exposed would only shatter fragile egos and inflexible minds, those that think for themselves would be peachy keen, regardless of who they place their faith in.  before organized religion it was simply animism, fetishes and dreams discovered in dark caves.
"The world that God made is inherently comprised of relationships, symmetries, analogia, anagogy, poetic wisdom. Thus is the language of symbolism."