Monstrous Café > Say It!

Time/reality glitch

<< < (4/4)

GoddessLilith:
[/i][/b]
I've never had anything like thatt. But i can tell people when they are about to be called over by someone like 5 minutes before they call them. And i was at my friends house and i had a dream that my mother got lost on the way to come get me. but instead of her getting lost. me, my cousin, and his fiance got lost on the way back to my house. And i predicted that my bf was going to break up before it happened and i had dreams where me and my best guy friend in the whole world dated. and that happened a few weeeks later.>.< It freaks me out sometimes. My friend calls me a witch and gave me a ring from a person that was a witch(she did the potions and everything).

BinaryRecoil:
So, I just witnessed something extremely awkward. I did a search & this thread was the first result of the search for "Reality Glitch".
 Since it was someone asking of previous experiences, I'll tell of 3 moments where I've believed we're actually in a virtual construct & not particularly "reality".
It was quite some time ago, probably 2003 or 2004. I used to have a nice 91' Chevy SS with a Camaro engine in it. It was just before sunset, right about 6:30 pm & wasn't a daylight savings time day. (I know because after the even I made sure to check). I drove about a mile & 1/2 up the road, picked up one of my closest friends back then & came back to the house. We had already decided on the way to my house we we're going up the highway to check out the selection of games at the local Kmart. I was 16 or 17 back then & Extremely OCD about keeping exact time of things, so I remember that it was right at 6:53 when I told my parents I was leaving & we departed. I had been driving that truck for hours everyday at that time, and had gotten into a pattern of shifting gears in the same spots/hills on the roads as I drove & had been trying to establish exact amounts of time it took me to get everywhere I went.
 So we get to Kmart & I go to the back and use the restroom as my friend goes on to the video game section. I get out & meet up with him, he's already been looking and gotten bored. So I flash through what they have as fast as I can (Noticing they had Legends of Dragoon for $10.00 & deciding when I had it to spare, that was going to be mine for the third time- as the other 2 copies were stolen).  I walk down the isles of the south side of the store & find him looking through the camping gear, and we leave. I never noticed that the sun had been perpetually setting across this entire time- just sitting on the horizon, to content with driving. I loved that truck too much I suppose. So we get back to my house, which was (I don't live there anymore) a good 25 minutes from the Kmart- doing 5 over the speed limit exactly, the whole trip. The look on my parents faces is the first thing I notice as I get inside, they look utterly astonished. My mother asks, "Did you forget something?". I replied no, I just didn't find anything I wanted at Kmart. Then she asks "Did you FLY there?" laughing at me.
I looked at the clock & it's 6:44 pm. Almost 10 minutes before I had left.
My friend didn't notice & the sun actually set about 25 minutes after that.

A few weeks go by, & I can't get it out of my head. I can't stop trying to figure out what happened. So I tell him, we're going to repeat what happened. I force him to ride the bus home, just like he did that day & tell him to just keep himself busy. That I'm going to leave to pick him up when the sun begins to set. The sun didn't start setting in the same timeframe, but I chose to leave at 6:45. I returned to my house, being as careful as possible to hit the same gears & same RPM's that I had hammered into myself across months of driving. We get back to my house and I tell my parents that I'm going to Kmart to look for games again, my mother laughs at me- still thinking I hadn't actually gone the previous time I'd said it. We leave at almost 7:04pm, I remember hearing the second hand tick, as I was in nervous anticipation.  I honestly felt like it wasn't going to happen again, that I'd botched it from the get go. From leaving at the wrong time to missing a gear 3 separate times before I even made it to the highway. Then traffic slowing me down, I was certain I had failed to properly repeat my experiment. I still followed through with going to the restroom & just waiting. Averaging out how long I was in it the previous time & then heading towards the games. This time I purchased Legends of Dragoon, it was an incredible game (regardless that once I got near the end I could never use my characters full power, i just couldn't land the critical hits correctly). So we leave Kmart, and now certain that I'd botched it- I just surrendered to enjoying the drive back.
 I get back home & as I'm pulling into my old dirt/gravel driveway, it hits me that it's still daylight where the sun should be gone by then. That something is very off, again. So I tear a path down my 1/8th of a mile driveway at 80 MPH and leave a good 50 foot stretch of gravel torn out of it from having to stop so quickly when I get back to the old house. I remember thinking "Crap my grandmother is going to come out and scream at me, I just pelted the mailbox with gravel!" My friend is frantic, he can tell that something just hit me with urgency. I jump out of the truck, grab the bag and Run as hard as I can back to the house. I get inside & look at the clock. It's 6:57pm. My mother's still standing in the Kitchen, this time with a look of complete shock on her face. I said "How long was I gone?" She said, "I didn't think you left the driveway!" I hold up the mini-bag & say, "I know, but this time I have proof."
 My friend doesn't remember either of these moments. I'm 26 now & he'll be turning 26 in a month, but he now has extreme memory problems. He can barely remember high school now.

Now the incident that happened a good 40 minutes ago. I went outside to smoke a cigarette, nothing awkward at all. I look up the road & see a black Toyota Tundra driving up the road. As it gets closer I can hear another car coming in the distance. The truck drives behind the neighbors house (as his house restricts my view of the road), but when it returns to view on the other side of his house it's now a grey Crown Victoria. I raised my eyebrow in astonishment, and continued to smoke. The next car, that I had heard, comes into view. It's a white camry, and it passes my neighbors house without changing shape or color.
Now I'm here honestly wondering; since this thread is so old, will anyone ever even read this? Regardless, this is only the 3rd time I've recounted passing through what I can best describe as a "4th dimensional fold" in the fabric of reality (after years of research).

Jake:
First thing that popped into my head after reading this was an old (1984/85) Stephen King short story, called "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut." The wiki plot summary (no copyright restriction):

--- Quote ---David, friend of a caretaker named Homer, is an older man who is spending his later years hanging out at the local gas station in a small town. He narrates a tale about Mrs. Todd, who is obsessed with finding shortcuts. Homer admires her persistence but begins to have doubts, as there are only so many shortcuts someone can find. Mrs. Todd's habit of resetting her odometer shows remarkable evidence that something weird is going on. He also discovers evidence that her shortcuts are taking fewer miles than are in a straight line between the trip origin and its destination, something that would be impossible in reality. Mrs. Todd compares the shortcuts to folding a map to bring two points closer together, suggesting she has discovered a warped version of reality, like a worm hole...
--- End quote ---

Fictional version aside, I saw a very good BBC tv science show (part of the Horizon series) called "What Is Reality." I think its still available on YouTube or a few other similar sites. Anyway, the part that fascinated me was the theory that this universe we think of as real is actually just a hologram, "a mere representation of another universe, a shadow of the realm where real events take place..."

One of the 'evidences' that physicists are looking for to determine if this is actually the case is the existence of glitches, "fluctuations" and 'scaled up' ripples. There is now an experiment at Fermilab using a laser inteferometer holometer seeking to detect a glitch.

On a much larger scale, one can't help wondering about these time glitches/shifts that people report and their possible connection to that notion of a hologram universe...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version