Monstrous Café > Say It!

Time/reality glitch

<< < (2/4) > >>

LeXtruX:
now from what I've read I see several other possibilies (or maybe just 1) of what could have happened

Maybe it was a vision you had and suddenly you saw the real deal, it's possible and I wouldn't count a vision as a glitch
Or maybe (and I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, probably is) you had a deja vu
Whatever the case was, it's worth looking into, because even time/reality glitches have reasons of why they happen, they don't really come at random (nothing does, even a computer that randomly picks a number has an algoritm to choose it's option, giving the impression of being random)
You might want to go back to where that happened and have a feel of the surroundings, you know, check if anything feels out of the ordinary
Perhaps something happened there causing the irregularity?
This is beyond my field of expertise but I do know from experience that nothing happens without a reason (and I'm not talking about it's your destiny crap like that)
Something must have caused the glitch.
Maybe a hard question you should ask yourself is: did anyone else notice the glitch? because I doubt it was just you who experienced the glitch?

edit: if my post would be considered BS please ignore it^^ I'm just saying my view of the situation (though that was not your real question) but it might be interesting to find the cause of the glitch to help you figure out what happened^^

KubeSix:
Well we can rule out a deja vu; I have those all the time and you know when you have one, you don't exactly recall when the event happened before? That's because your brain's just recording it twice at once (usually) In this case, I clearly saw it once, then once more. It wasn't a "That one lady's going to pass the bus" it was a "That lady already passed the bus once before." - you know? I'm not sure if I'm being real precise here hahah....

As for the location, I pass there every day on my way to college and have to say I've never felt anything there before and just yesterday when I passed by again twice, there was nothing out of place. But I must say I wasn't paying much attention. I'll make sure next week and come back to ya on this.

I can't really tell if others experienced it and there isn't really a way to tell by now. I didn't notice a strange reaction in others, but I didn't have any obvious reaction either, so there's no way to tell.

matthew321:
Well I can also say when I experience it that it is not deja vu. My deja vu is stronger then normal so I know when it is going to happen before it happens (when I get into the scenario) as well as it lasts longer then one moment. Mine are usually a one minute period of knowing exactly what is going to happen.

What I experience is an immediate repeat of what just previously happened. For me it is usually in conversation, gestures, or occasionally other things. I have to say that my high school is where I have experienced it the most with conversation and gestures. It feels as though I am the only one that notices and everyone else acts as though it has only happened once.

Everything always feels ordinary after and before it happens. But while it is happening there is an odd subtle feeling present.
I would not doubt that it is not random but as far as the algorithm for dictating where this happens is still hidden to me.

The cause of these glitches are unknown but I cannot rule out insanity... (for myself anyway...)

Lupus:
hmm. i tend to get deja vu from time to time , only its "strong" enough for me to know exactly what will happen next. Its more like a particular moment will feel extrememly familiar for some reson , even though i dont know why. I get this when ive had dreams the previous night , only i never remember what they were until said familiar moment has arrived and passed.

as matthew321 says in his own case , i must say too - insanity cannot be ruled out. (Yes I admit , people have questioned my sanity on numerous occasions >.< )

KubeSix:
Well here's what I heard on deja vu: unless you can stop the people in that precise situation and tell them what they're about to do, it's not a memory or premonition; more like an illusion. Like I said earlier, it's because the brain is recording it twice at once, so it seems like you already have the memory, but only at that moment. If you can stop the person in their words (well in the instance of a deja vu conversation) only then was it a premonition or a memory. the former sounds like what you're describing, Lupus. (correct me if I'm wrong, though)

This just made me think of something: you know in the Matrix when the group is going up a flight of stairs and Neo spots a black cat twice in a matter of seconds? Neo then says "deja vu". That would be a true deja vu since he could have predicted what the cat would've done before it did it, instead of recalling the same event AS it happened a second time. It would be a reality/time glitch. I thought I'd use the example to differentiate the two. It also relates to what matthew said earlier about the changes: in that scene, Neo's confused as to why they're all freaking out over a deja vu and Trinity says this:

--- Quote ---A deja vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix; it happens when they change something.
--- End quote ---

Thought it was cool how it relates to real-life glitches. Not trying to say anything really crazy like the movie's true; just an interesting connection. (The scene was probably inspired by true glitches)

On being insane: As you said, insanity can't be ruled out, of course, but if I were to always wonder about my own sanity, I would still be sitting in a dark room trying to make a flame move. Self-doubt doesn't really help and honestly, if I'm crazy, I can't do much about it, so might as well live in my own farked up little world and enjoy what it has in store for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version