Author Topic: I need help writing my book!  (Read 7342 times)

ZombiesRus
  • Monstrous Imp
I need help writing my book!
« on: February 03, 2007, 09:10:14 AM »
I am currently writing a book on zombie surviveing.  Any ideas?  I need as much help as you guys can give.  When i finish it, I will post it here and acknowladge everyone who helped me.   

Thanks!! :-D
We all wonder about one thing here. Can we create a virus or raise the dead or even talk to the dead?

Demon_Detective_Leo

• High Priest
  • The darkness holds no monsters but your own
Re: I need help writing my book!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:54:51 PM »
I can give some help but it is all Biohazard and general knowledge info. According to popular myth, either damaging the brain with a blunt object or somehow either decapitating it or blowing a nice piece of the head off will kill it. Another thing, unless specified in the book, the virus in zombies is biological viral, which means, it will only spread if it somes in contact with another person. Thats why people turn when they are bitten and even scratched. Another thing, depending on somethings I have heard, in most common cases, Zombies can see you, hear you, and smell the pharmones your brain is putting off as a lure. However, due to the fact that only minor parts of their brain are active, unless you make a really big commotion or they see you, they won't go after you. However, I have heard in one case where the zombies were blind but their other sences were so high, you could swear they saw you but they really couldn't. Another thing, they don't run at all. They drag, limp, walk, whatever you want to call it. So, running is not needed unless they start to surround you, then you have a problem. Another thing, and this is by best guess, if you drive a vehicle, and pray you got one that can handle a few hits, drive at night and don't stop until daybreak. Use the daylight to rest because at night, you won't see them coming. Also, the shorter your hair the better, that way they don't have anything to grab and pull on and in many cases, people with long hair usualy can't cut it because of their pride. Gunfire, may be good for killing them but it also attracts more of them. Use slightly quieter weapons like a crossbow or a silenced weapon, a bat even works as long as they don't get to close. I know some other things so if you want some more info, just let me know and I'll see if I can dig up some more things.
In Pandora's box came out evil, illness, and death which mankind did not know of until then. And at the bottom of the box was hope for mankind.
You know what I would do, if I had my god-damn choice, I would be the catcher in the rye...or should I?

Devinoir

• Realized Monster
  • I am what I am what I know I am not.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 07:29:06 AM »
I am currently writing a book on zombie surviveing.  Any ideas?  I need as much help as you guys can give.  When i finish it, I will post it here and acknowladge everyone who helped me.   

Watch a lot of zombie movies. There are billions of them. Cheap ones, gory ones - all of them.
Then your book would be something worth to read. Make it be as damn gross violent as it can get. Less drama, more mature humor. Think more Rock'n'Roll than gothic, you know? Take it lightly, don't make it too serious, but don't make it a comedy. A first-person look would be quite interesting, you know?

There is I in every person,
Only long asleep...

Demon_Detective_Leo

• High Priest
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »
What about the Biohazard / Residentl Evil series, up until 4, it was all about zombies and it was completely serious with the occasional humor? Damn, I wish they had stuck wth the zombies in a way, they would have been fun to kill today.
In Pandora's box came out evil, illness, and death which mankind did not know of until then. And at the bottom of the box was hope for mankind.
You know what I would do, if I had my god-damn choice, I would be the catcher in the rye...or should I?

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »
What about the Biohazard / Residentl Evil series, up until 4, it was all about zombies and it was completely serious with the occasional humor? Damn, I wish they had stuck wth the zombies in a way, they would have been fun to kill today.

Play left for dead. More zombies than you can shake a nuke at.
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Demon_Detective_Leo

• High Priest
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 02:50:01 PM »
Thats chocked up on comedy right there. However, if there are more zombies then you can shake a nuke at, how can he figure out how to write about zombies if he will be trying to live long enough and be more concerned on killing and living over how they act and everything. Oh, two good movies to watch. Dawn of the Dead and Shawn of the Dead, good picks for zombie movies. One is serious and the other you just can't tell what is going on.

Devinoir

• Realized Monster
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 06:14:33 AM »
Thats chocked up on comedy right there. However, if there are more zombies then you can shake a nuke at, how can he figure out how to write about zombies if he will be trying to live long enough and be more concerned on killing and living over how they act and everything. Oh, two good movies to watch. Dawn of the Dead and Shawn of the Dead, good picks for zombie movies. One is serious and the other you just can't tell what is going on.

Those two movies are definitely worth woatching, and if you could combine the styles of two of them, you'd have the perfect thing. Just don't go too much into zombie research and everything, cause it can get really boring. Most demons and most vampires are serious, but zombies are just gory fun.
Only long asleep...

Grendelion

• Young Beast
  • I'm a man of few words but a monster of many.
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 08:28:27 PM »

Unfortunately, a man by the name of Max Brooks beat ya to the punch in writing a zombie survival guide, appropriately titled "The Zombie Survival Guide."  I recommend it if what you are writing is more of a fictional survival story, and not a list of basics needed to survive a zombie apocalypse, since TZSG is essentially that.
To act human is to give meaning to something meaningless.

Sanity is a matter of perception.

Devinoir

• Realized Monster
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 06:46:43 AM »

Unfortunately, a man by the name of Max Brooks beat ya to the punch in writing a zombie survival guide, appropriately titled "The Zombie Survival Guide."  I recommend it if what you are writing is more of a fictional survival story, and not a list of basics needed to survive a zombie apocalypse, since TZSG is essentially that.

See - just what I'm saying. Weirdos who believe in zombie apocalypse already have their survival guide, so you just write the kind of thing discussed above.
Only long asleep...

Demon_Detective_Leo

• High Priest
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 08:51:54 AM »
Sounds like a how to manuel on how to kill them over how to survive that situation. Oh, a big rule of thumb, if you plan to write like a novel of this, then you should understand, the bigger the group, the more chances are people will die and some people will have to deal with emotional problems because they will have to kill their once beloved friends.

Devinoir

• Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 07:20:03 AM »
Sounds like a how to manuel on how to kill them over how to survive that situation. Oh, a big rule of thumb, if you plan to write like a novel of this, then you should understand, the bigger the group, the more chances are people will die and some people will have to deal with emotional problems because they will have to kill their once beloved friends.

Yeah - listen to the detective!
Don't you think the guy's ignoring us?
Only long asleep...

Demon_Detective_Leo

• High Priest
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 11:08:48 AM »
I agree about that, maybe he hasn't logged on in a while or something. (Psst - I am somewhat studying zombies from every source I can find so I understand this) Oh, another bit of advise, zombies are attracted to any kind of noise. You fire a gun even once and they will come after you, fire it multiple times and then you have a BFG problem. No, not the gun from doom, I replaced gun with group.

Devinoir

• Realized Monster
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 03:06:47 AM »
I agree about that, maybe he hasn't logged on in a while or something. (Psst - I am somewhat studying zombies from every source I can find so I understand this) Oh, another bit of advise, zombies are attracted to any kind of noise. You fire a gun even once and they will come after you, fire it multiple times and then you have a BFG problem. No, not the gun from doom, I replaced gun with group.

So you're saying your avatar isn't a picture of a pink-haired anime girl?
Only long asleep...

Demon_Detective_Leo

• High Priest
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 11:17:14 AM »
It is not, when I came to the group, it said I needed a 50 x 50 pixel picture from my aviatar so I choose that one, which isn't a pink haired girl, its a samurai, although I may change it to something else.

Devinoir

• Realized Monster
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 01:54:20 AM »
It is not, when I came to the group, it said I needed a 50 x 50 pixel picture from my aviatar so I choose that one, which isn't a pink haired girl, its a samurai, although I may change it to something else.

AND YOU CHANGED IT!!! I like this girl though, nice hair.
Only long asleep...