Author Topic: Angels and about them  (Read 13343 times)

Nina
Re: Angels and about them
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 06:15:35 pm »
Im not saying I really believe what she saw was an angel either, honestly, i really tend to be highly skeptical of anyone claiming to see Christian saints or Mary or Jesus or any other. I was the one to come up with mind manipulation, cause there are many theories about those who see characters from the Bible. But i didnt start this thread cause of Bible discussion, there are other places for that. What interests me, are angels, being what they are. And I didnt ask if anyone ever saw one for nothing either. Once i saw something that i cant describe with other word than angel. Maybe it wasnt one, but for all i know about them and others, it certainly looked and felt like one. And Im not a church going type, so why would it present itself as one if it wasnt one? Im looking for answers too...

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 07:26:24 pm »
Perhaps presenting itself as something you would trust? Anyways  :focus:
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

Nina
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 03:58:44 am »
Could be, but other entities i saw didnt, so why this one, and why in that very particular time of my life? *shrugs*

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
  • all natural..yo estoy loca pero no como mi vida XD
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 05:55:03 am »
  Small details (say the birth of a child or the one kind act offered to a stranger) is most times just as important as the Big Picture (A Global War or a mass catastrophe).  The importance will not be known until it has past so one must never disregard what one would normally assume to be a simple mundane matter.  Doing so is simple human arrogance.

Oh, of course, which is why I didn't try to deny or confirm her view of what happened (not that I can, because I wasn't there, of course).  :mrgreen:

As I've said, it's hard to tell what happened; I'm not saying that what she went through wasn't true - I was just answering the question that she had posed about "what generally occurs," or rather, my opinion of what might generally occur.

I'm just rambling, aren't I...

lol but rambling is good.. or not  :spy:

well then why did whoever (i say whoever because i forgot who asked) ask if anyone saw angels just to say they didn't because they imagined it and other reasons ? 
funny thing is i'm not really a religious person. well y'all can deny what i saw because i don't care (a shared a memory and y'all basically bashed it) because y'all weren't there so can't judge.

if i didn't think they were angels but seemed like them i would've said something like "not sure what it/they were but had an angelic quality or vibe" i'm not stupid or ignorant to just say i saw an angel if it just looked like it or just couldn't describe it in that way or just didn't know what the hell it was and just guessed it.
Rejected and abandoned by all, as i walk fear is marked by the eyes of all...

AWBrielle
  • Great Master
  • Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    • Blog
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 08:03:32 am »
Well, likely because it's good to approach every situation with a fair amount of skepticism. To be honest, it's harder to learn effectively unless a fair amount of skepticism is applied.
Age is not defined by years, but by intellect and maturity.

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 09:38:15 am »
Well, likely because it's good to approach every situation with a fair amount of skepticism. To be honest, it's harder to learn effectively unless a fair amount of skepticism is applied.

eh i guess but i won't share anymore experiences here anymore since  i got more than a fair amount of skepticism

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011, 01:03:11 pm »
Isnt that what makes life interesting though Nina? Not knowing why or how things happen, being forced to attempt to draw some conclusion from it. But in the end, we rely on our own opinions or the opinions of others. I think the only way you could ever know what you're dealing with is to find some way to study it. Not in books or anything, but actually study it like we would with a new type of animal. And even then, I don't think anyone could come to a definite conclusion. Simply theories or beliefs that they feel confident in, and close their minds to the rest of the worlds opinions until some proof can be derived.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

AWBrielle
  • Great Master
  • Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    • Blog
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2011, 03:46:40 pm »

eh i guess but i won't share anymore experiences here anymore since  i got more than a fair amount of skepticism

Yeah. I speak for my posts alone when I say that you were responded with a fair amount of skepticism. :)
Age is not defined by years, but by intellect and maturity.

Nina
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2011, 04:21:08 pm »

Hun, please dont skepticism stop you from being open and share. True, Im a bit skeptical about virgin Mary and such, but close members of my family had seen some too, from Jesus to whatever the name is of that shepherd saint (my sunday class was looong ago). As you can also see, i shared my experience as well. Didnt look like those angels you can see on church walls, more like creature made of colors and light. Dont let skeptics (in this case me as well, but wasnt ment as an insult or disbelief) make you a closed and scared person, its beautiful and brave that you shared it with us all, specially on a forum as Monstrous is.

My angel looked something like this, only without crown and clothes, but colors describe it pretty well :)

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2011, 06:41:07 pm »
Everything should be approached with skeptism, and sorry if people here take it offensively. But where would people be if they never questioned anothers opinion? So if anyone wants to take skeptism personally, then do so. But then don't turn around and denounce other people's stories because you don't believe. Thats called hypocrisy.

Modified: Sorry Ladygriffin, but I thought the previous one was maybe a little more hostile. The "revised" one I think gets my point across, without attacking individuals but rather a category of people.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:18:21 pm by ViciouslyMe »

oldbill4823
  • Mod
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 06:15:22 am »
I just want to say i think this thread is fantastic. One of the most honest and mature threads i have ever seen here.

CM please dont stop posting about your experiences. Any of us here can disagree about conclusions and descriptions of experiences but NO ONE can ever take away the fact that we have experienced what we do.

This is for me the whole point of Monstrous as a forum, sharing our experiences of strange stuff, and learning from each other about them through comparison, questioning, discussion and reflection.

Nearly time for a group hug heh? Or maybe the thread is mysteriously being watched over by harmonius angels and we are just feeling the effect.
What is sure is that the universe is stranger than we know.

Nina
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 03:19:01 pm »
Group huuuuug!!!!  :-D

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 12:23:35 pm »

Yeah. I speak for my posts alone when I say that you were responded with a fair amount of skepticism. :)
:laugh: look again

ah ok well i guess i'll keep sharing, and i won't take it offensively next time,  :-D
Everything should be approached with skeptism, and sorry if people here take it offensively. But where would people be if they never questioned anothers opinion? So if anyone wants to take skeptism personally, then do so. But then don't turn around and denounce other people's stories because you don't believe. Thats called hypocrisy.

Modified: Sorry Ladygriffin, but I thought the previous one was maybe a little more hostile. The "revised" one I think gets my point across, without attacking individuals but rather a category of people.
lol true, well then ideas and such wouldn't evolve and we wouldn't have the knowledge that molded our scientific and technological world

I just want to say i think this thread is fantastic. One of the most honest and mature threads i have ever seen here.

CM please dont stop posting about your experiences. Any of us here can disagree about conclusions and descriptions of experiences but NO ONE can ever take away the fact that we have experienced what we do.

This is for me the whole point of Monstrous as a forum, sharing our experiences of strange stuff, and learning from each other about them through comparison, questioning, discussion and reflection.

Nearly time for a group hug heh? Or maybe the thread is mysteriously being watched over by harmonius angels and we are just feeling the effect.
What is sure is that the universe is stranger than we know.

Group huuuuug!!!!  :-D

:-o wow i'm shocked y'all said those exact words.. group hug  :-o
sure X)

Muerte

• Realized Monster
  • Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!
    • www.myspace.com/drkhrt_2
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 01:20:18 pm »
  Not the hugging type, but I will give a nod of approval.
In remembrance of Moonbaby, one of the brightest and most glorious stars to ever grace the Monstrous community.  Missed you will be, forgotten NEVER.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »
How bout a spank of aproval? Bend over.lol. That maturaty Odd Bill spoke of just blew out the window didnt it. :-D