Author Topic: Angels and about them  (Read 13371 times)

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
Re: Angels and about them
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2011, 09:28:49 pm »
But what if you don't know what a duck looks like to begin with? Granted, you would still be able to classify traits and such to certain types of duck-looking creatures. But you would not be able to call anything by name. I don't know, I mean I guess in the end what we see as "angels" may have to change depending on what the closest match is after careful observations. I don't know, I mean its sort of like how people decided to name a certain amphibian a frog. In the end these are simply names that we may or may not have bestowed upon beings that we do not fully understand, of course that too would just throw into question how much about "angels" is true and how much is false. I don't mean just in traits, but the stories that defined to people what an "angel" is. As to whether, after its all said and done, they are anywhere near the typeof beings we envision them to be. But thats for another time, because I'm sure all my questioning is getting rather annoying.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

onepiece

• Witches
  • Young Beast
  • thats why people like me hunt people like you
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2011, 08:56:59 am »
Yeah, agree with u that that info is wrong to a point, but they were all prophets in their way, messengers of God, and its a bit debatable area if u reconsider the meaning of the word melek.

what interesting is that.....i was told that there are good meleks and bad meleks........by meaning good and bad angels......but as to bad meleks meaning demons...
so i would consider the word melek has more than just one meaning......maybe it is referring to supernatural beings....but mostly understood as angels

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:03:57 am by onepiece »
if bullets doesn't kill it than salt will

Nina
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 11:04:27 am »
Melek is melek, an angel, whether its a light one or a fallen one. Demons in islam would best be described as djinn, they are of lower level. But they can also be separated on good ones and bad ones.

Together, jinn, humans and angels make up the three sentient creations of Allah. According to the Qur’ān, there are two creations that have free will, humans and djinn. Like human beings, the jinn can also be good, evil, or neutrally benevolent.
The jinn are mentioned frequently in the Qur’an, and there is a surah entitled Sūrat al-Jinn in the Quran.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 11:47:57 am »
The word melek does have more than one meening and more than one spelling.  And I liked the duck compairason. LG had all her ducks in a row on that one. :-D   

onepiece

• Witches
  • Young Beast
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 12:56:38 pm »
Melek is melek, an angel, whether its a light one or a fallen one. Demons in islam would best be described as djinn, they are of lower level. But they can also be separated on good ones and bad ones.

Together, jinn, humans and angels make up the three sentient creations of Allah. According to the Qur’ān, there are two creations that have free will, humans and djinn. Like human beings, the jinn can also be good, evil, or neutrally benevolent.
The jinn are mentioned frequently in the Qur’an, and there is a surah entitled Sūrat al-Jinn in the Quran.

and also angels made of the ever lasting fire have free will....but i wouldn't take the Qur'an very literally because it has symbolic meaning (if you get what i mean).....and the creation of the angels sounded very paradoxical when i first read it ....although for the djin......they really like to possess people :lol: (i think ill make that a topic)

and also duck feet rock

Nina
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2011, 10:42:24 pm »
but i wouldn't take the Qur'an very literally because it has symbolic meaning

So does Bible, whats ur point?

AWBrielle
  • Great Master
  • Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    • Blog
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2011, 10:56:00 pm »

Exactly. Most religious texts aren't to be taken 100% literally in most aspects. No point in singling out the Qu'ran.
Age is not defined by years, but by intellect and maturity.

onepiece

• Witches
  • Young Beast
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2011, 02:54:40 pm »

my point is that every religious text is a riddle in its own...if those who don't understand it explain it to someone else who doesn't understand it....than they take it literally and end up just like those who say "Hey if i kill someone who doesn't believe in god, does it mean i get 72 virgins" %*) 

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2011, 05:16:43 pm »
Sort of like someone explaining whether an exorcism of another's religion would work without understanding said religion or exorcism, right? I'm sorry for being rude, but if you're going to preach something, then please follow it yourself first. I might be the only one, I might not be, but I find it annoying.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

Nina
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2011, 02:13:29 am »
@onepiece: so, your saying that you dont understand religious texts of any kind?

onepiece

• Witches
  • Young Beast
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2011, 05:46:07 am »
@onepiece: so, your saying that you dont understand religious texts of any kind?
no.........why is it so hard to understand me?.......no i meant that i think they are usually misunderstood, that all and the other part was a joke

Sort of like someone explaining whether an exorcism of another's religion would work without understanding said religion or exorcism, right? I'm sorry for being rude, but if you're going to preach something, then please follow it yourself first. I might be the only one, I might not be, but I find it annoying.

i actually follow my own belief..(i do believe in god)....just not in any religious way

and i apologize for my expression of things.........English is not even my first language(its my third)

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2011, 09:11:15 am »
Like I said, I'm sorry for being rude, I have just seen countless people that preach but fail to follow. And as for following your belief but not in a religious way, as long as you follow it faithfully then you are doing it in what can be described as a religious way. Which, by that logic, means I follow my beliefs (which do not include any sort of "God") religiously as well.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2011, 05:51:25 am »
Who Dose understand religion really? We try to incorperate things writen ages ago into our modern lives and then get confused because things dont quiet make since.....were like a bunch of retarded dogs chasing our own damned tail. Sory, I'm in one of those moods again.lol.

Nina
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2011, 08:00:09 am »
And in ur mood ur soo right, thats exactly what the main issue with this planet is, everyone barking at everyone in name of religions, which they really dont understand at all. Its been all about (miss)interpretation since humanity remembers...

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
  • all natural..yo estoy loca pero no como mi vida XD
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2011, 06:09:53 am »
well then to end the confusion, wouldn't it be easier to just follow the basics of the religion in a way that can be interpreted in one's life ?
for example, i'm sort of catholic but not really  because i believe in the main beliefs that there is that one God and his entities and devil and his entities. But i seriously don't see the need in going to all the required masses, praying, doing all the other required stuff, and not really following all the rules.

The whole idea of christianity is to have faith in and love God and basically be a good person with the good intentions (i know that's vague but meant it in that way, as in care for others, don't be selfish, be honest so basically practice all the good morals and stuff that hardly any of the youth even knows about  :laugh:)
as long as i follow that i know i'll be fine 
Rejected and abandoned by all, as i walk fear is marked by the eyes of all...