Author Topic: The Japanese Gods  (Read 1974 times)

Phantom X

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • With only a Bullet and a Prayer...
    • Sacred Texts- It Goes There
The Japanese Gods
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:28:12 pm »
http://www.scns.com/earthen/other/seanachaidh/godjapan.html

This is kind of a cool page listing a lot of the Various Gods and Goddess's in Japanese Religions.

Shinto (the Way of the Gods) was the original religion in Japan and had no written literature before the arrival of the Buddhists. All true Japanese mythology comes from this religion. Shinto teaches that every natural thing, human, animate or inanimate, has a spirit in various degrees of vitality and strength.

Shinto is also called the way of the Kami which means "Gods" in Japanese. I find this religion interesting because they had no writings so it makes you wonder Exactly where and from who it originated and how it was passed along through all the ancient villages. Sadly with out keeping literature and a time line I know I will never know the Answer.
I unify in order to enlighten
Attracting life.
I seal the matrix of universal fire
With the magnetic tone of purpose.
I am guided by my own power doubled.

Beyond The Door Lays A New Path For Us On Our Jorney...........One Day We'll See Our Fate In

Dark Lord M
Re: The Japanese Gods
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:39:46 pm »
I'm Japanese and I always did want to find out about more of the native mythology. Thanks for the link!

The_Seeker

• Realized Monster
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 05:51:35 pm »
Since Shintoism is still a very living religion this will be moved to the Cults & Sects Section.  Before any of you snap at me for calling it a cult, I'm simply using the proper anthropological definition of a cult which includes all beliefs including my own.

But thanks for the link Phantom X!

Zak Roy Yoballa

• Realized Monster
  • We can't all be beautiful people
    • http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/bgm/pics/
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 09:14:45 am »
After looking very briefly at the list, I think they are lumping some humans in their too.  If my mythology is correct, a significant portion of the ethos is comprised of humans who possess extreme amounts of certian desirable attributes like courage, faithfulness, honor etc.  They are given special treatment by the gods but are not gods themselves.  I realize this is spliting hairs and do apologize.

Good like Phantom X

ZRY
Your attitude is the only thing they can't take from you.