Author Topic: Opus Dei financier is found dismembered under bridge  (Read 2564 times)

Loki

• The Law
  • Administrator
  • Realized Monster
    • Monstrous.com
Opus Dei financier is found dismembered under bridge
« on: July 26, 2006, 01:05:46 pm »

The badly beaten and mutilated corpse of Gianmario Roveraro, one of Italy's reputedly most pious financiers, was discovered "cut to pieces" under a motorway overpass near Parma yesterday, some two weeks after he was kidnapped while returning home from a meeting of the conservative Roman Catholic group Opus Dei.

Three people were arrested on suspicion of the kidnapping and macabre murder of Mr Roveraro, a banker who had been questioned by investigators in connection with the spectacular 14bn (9.5bn) collapse of the Parmalat food empire in 2003.
The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist. - Charles Baudelaire (French and monstrous poet).

Devious Viper
Re: Opus Dei financier is found dismembered under bridge
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:18:03 pm »
 :-o

Hey, Fra - what's the local scoop on this story?

Bloody Angel
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 01:29:50 pm »
:-o
Hey, Fra - what's the local scoop on this story?

From the news I hear it's less Opus Dei oriented (though they do mention that) and more focused on the Parmalat scandal.

Devious Viper
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 01:38:45 pm »
Reminds me of the murder of "God's Banker" (?Roberto Calvi?)...

Bloody Angel
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 01:43:28 pm »
Reminds me of the murder of "God's Banker" (?Roberto Calvi?)...

Calvi is correct. How so? I remember him being supposedly bound to the Masonic lodge

Devious Viper
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 01:48:06 pm »
Yeah, Propaganda Due... But it was the Vatican connection and the body being left under a bridge that caught my attention.

Bloody Angel
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 02:00:48 pm »
*Yeah, Propaganda Due... *
I'm impressed.

*But it was the Vatican connection and the body being left under a bridge that caught my attention.*

I'm not that impressed anymore. So put in the cauldron Emanuela Orlandi, a teenager that went missing in 1983 in the Vatican. She's still missing, actually.