Author Topic: The Assassins  (Read 5105 times)

Countess

• Great Master
Re: The Assassins
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 05:31:55 pm »
Leshy is confusing a number of diffrent things. The Assassins were originally a cult worshipping Kali. Over the centuries they evolved into an elite fighting force of mercenaries. Hashashins is believed to have been derived from their penchant for smoking hash as a method of communing with their gods. My advice to Leshy, should he/she come back would be, don't post entire entries from one single source as the "gospel" truth. This is a place of learning & more research is always a good idea. We don't take kindly to new comers acting superior.

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 07:50:52 pm »
Ah shenanigans, we tin foil hatters lead to new concepts and ideas.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

Nina
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 02:10:54 am »
Leshy is confusing a number of diffrent things. The Assassins were originally a cult worshipping Kali. Over the centuries they evolved into an elite fighting force of mercenaries. Hashashins is believed to have been derived from their penchant for smoking hash as a method of communing with their gods. My advice to Leshy, should he/she come back would be, don't post entire entries from one single source as the "gospel" truth. This is a place of learning & more research is always a good idea. We don't take kindly to new comers acting superior.

My advice to you, since as I really did my research on the topic, would be to really read your stuff again, cause hashashins ARE assassins. They were mostly muslim, and have nothing to do with Kali. I dunno what movie you get ur info from, but its WRONG. Leshy isnt a new comer, she was here long before you came, and is gone so any attack on her behalf or anything you said in this, is WAY out of point ;)

Countess

• Great Master
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 06:44:27 pm »
Nina, I didnt get the info from any movie. It came from a book on secret societies that I read many years ago. It was not meant as an "attack" on anyone. I do realize now that the last sentence comes off as uppity & b*tchy so I apologize for that.

Nina
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 07:09:28 pm »
Do you remember the title of the book?
My point would be, Im currently reading one that claims queen of England is direct descendant of Jesus, so not all theoretical books are quite... well, believable ;)

AWBrielle
  • Great Master
  • Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    • Blog
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 11:11:04 pm »
Countess, what's the name of the book? Most important thing is to remember that "not everything you read is true," so make sure you have other sources to back up that info :P
Age is not defined by years, but by intellect and maturity.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 05:42:39 am »
I ran across some info once similar to what Countess was talking about regarding a Thuggee cult. I cant say whether or not its the same group leshy was talking about but they did exist.

Nina
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 08:01:21 am »
Leshy is considering returning to monstrous, so if all goes well, soon u will be able to ask her that yourself ;)

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 08:08:40 am »
Cool. Maybe I should actualy read the parts he wrote.lol. I started at the part about "ninjas are a myth" I had to say sumpin bout dat:-D

Nina
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 08:11:29 am »
Leshy is a very pretty girl actually, and i dont think she wrote the ninja part ;)

AWBrielle
  • Great Master
  • Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    • Blog
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 12:45:26 pm »
LOL, Ravin has an issue with discerning females from males xP
Age is not defined by years, but by intellect and maturity.

Nina
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 01:40:02 pm »
Hey, considering u, im gonna believe when i see some pics, cause Awbrielle could be a male name for as much as i know. Originates in jewish if im right ;)

Countess

• Great Master
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 08:15:33 pm »
I ran across some info once similar to what Countess was talking about regarding a Thuggee cult. I cant say whether or not its the same group leshy was talking about but they did exist.

Ravin that is the group I meant, I got them confused. Thank you.

Nina
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 02:45:30 am »
aww my fun is spoiled now :P

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 08:01:44 am »
*sigh*

Hashashin(Islam cult using hashish as a battle stimulant during the middle ages. Known to have members everywhere, Possibly used heavy psychological conditioning on recruits. )-Assassin-(mutation of the original word. Earliest known use. Macbeth by Shakespeare)

Ninja-(japanese, equivalent to a modern day covert agent. Duties include espionage and assasination. WERE NOT limited to pesants. Even  the samurai could be a ninja. Prominent example Hattori Hanzō. It was a job and a skill set. Usually learned hand to hand, hidden, and improvised weapon skills.)

The concept of "shadow warriors" is actually common in any country on the globe. China for one had a massive population of trained killers and espionage agents.

We can argue over what was what but we must all agree that historical records state that these roles were merely groups, or individuals who practiced the art of espionage, thievery, and silent killing.

Assassin's Creed is a fantastic series of games, historical accuracy aside, and does offer a rather interesting and realistic view on how such a society would have functioned..... Whether or not such a society existed in the form that it did, Plays second fiddle to the fact that assassination was(and still is) a rather popular way of dealing with "problems", and that many, many groups played(and still play) the game.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But donít be afraid. And donít forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk