Author Topic: Name for a team  (Read 2935 times)

rave phillaphia

• Realized Monster
  • jai kali ma!
    • myspace
Re: Name for a team
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 09:35:20 am »
and I agree with you completly enderfay but the problem is that this is a college based organization. If I don't have a catchy name people are not going to be attracted to it. I actually do take it seriously but I still have to allow the group to be fun as well. When people think paranormal research they think 'that person can't be serious' and blow it off. If I make it fun or sound fun people will be drawn to it, not including all the wonderful talents one can learn in the process. If it wasn't to attract college students I wouldn't have cared. Sadly we have to advertise, so a catchy name or logo on a poster or in our weekly events sheet will attract students who might just be interested to know what is this group. And even if they don't join they will be more likely to read our magazine or go onto our webpage to get the latest 'spooky' or 'monstrous' thing out there. People are attracted to it but they just need a push at it because most people feel ashamed to be curious about the paranormal because of how they were brought up and their religious beliefs. It is basically a flair to attract the students. I know it sounds terrible but if I don't do it this way people will not come and they might not know that they are interested in it or not. These are american kids who, if an organization is not advertized correctly, will not even know about it.
"Man has his will- but woman has her way" Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hella fury like a woman scorned." William Congreve

Enderfay

• Monstrous Imp
Re: Name for a team
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 01:27:21 am »
Of course Rave, you have to suit your modus operandi / ideas to the source in question...... so take the best course of action that you see fit.  If 'catchy' cuts it, then go with that angle if is serves up the best results for you.

Regards,

Enderfay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk