Author Topic: Any one here listen to anything other than metal and depressing dark rock?  (Read 7269 times)

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
  • all natural..yo estoy loca pero no como mi vida XD
 :laugh: eh maybe or i'm just one of the half of the people who are under daddy's influence  :-D lol now that i think about it, i don't think i'm influenced by anything from my mom  :laugh: the only things we have in common are big butts and faces  :laugh: well except for my lips, they're much more plump  :laugh:
Rejected and abandoned by all, as i walk fear is marked by the eyes of all...

Redfan45x

• Young Beast
I've pretty much taken everything on my own, my parents are big into the rock from their time (70s late 60s) and my dad like alot of metallica stuff and my mom likes alot of corny stuff idr their name.
I've met people who like music that I like but they aren't big in it like me where I also make it my style like how alot of people do with their music genres.
Haven't seen a person my age casually wearing a suit from the 30's and a fedora, or wearing leather jackets and biker boots.
But hey, its high school most everyone is a mindless drone, not me
I saw and was silent,
I saw and thought,
and heard the speech of Odin
I heard about what lay in the runes,
and there was much council given.
At the hall of Har, In the hall of Har;
Such was the speech I heard.

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
Nothing wrong with a suit/fedora combo, or even a leather jacket/biker boots combo. I personally like to wear things I find comfortable, no need to express my tastes through my clothing. Either people know me and what I like, or don't know me and can get to.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:09:45 PM by ViciouslyMe »
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

Anjelo Algarchii

• Monstrous Imp
  • Day breaks
I listen to Classic Rock. I enjoy some rap, I like some Pop, I do like some older bands like The Temptations and I like a little bit from The Beatles. I like hard Rock and Alternative Rock, I do like some Grunge. And I do like Metal, sometimes depressing stuff if I'm in the mood, but I dislike the music that is all screaming to where you can't understand anything and the music doesn't make any sense.

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
ok but what got you into your taste of music, lol i bet your grandparents love that you're into that stuff 

Anjelo Algarchii

• Monstrous Imp
  • Day breaks
ok but what got you into your taste of music, lol i bet your grandparents love that you're into that stuff 

I grew up with Classic Rock. My mom, who grew up with a lot of it, listened to it a lot when I was growing up. And I discovered a lot of bands I love now through other family members and some people I met over the internet. There's one genre that I will probably never like, and that is Country.

ravinclaw

• Realized Monster
I like some country music, I guess because I can relate to some of it. Alot of it is working class sort of stuff, I know what its like to bust your ass all week then party like hell on the weekend then go to work monday hungover and want to kick the bosses ass, get bit by a dog, wreck your truck, get thrown in jail, kicked out of the bar, ect ect ect. Yep I have lived a country song or two... F**k its fun though.... Except the hangovers.... And jail...  And getin bit by a dog....

AWBrielle
  • Great Master
  • Parting is such sweet sorrow.
    • Blog
Nothing wrong with a suit/fedora combo, or even a leather jacket/biker boots combo. I personally like to wear things I find comfortable, no need to express my tastes through my clothing. Either people know me and what I like, or don't know me and can get to.

I usually only ever stick to the jeans-and-jacket wear. That said, I do dress up if I feel like it. Which, I usually don't because I'm far too tired to give a sh*t. Plus the jeans-and-jacket suits me :P

My father recently gifted me with the Led Zepp IV vinyl. So glad - now all I have to do is buy a record player, as he gave our last one away.
Age is not defined by years, but by intellect and maturity.

AWBrielle
  • Great Master
    • Blog
^ lol :P I don't have a fondness for country, save for the theme song of True Blood. There are only a few rap songs I can stand, and only because I've learned choreography to them in past years.

Redfan45x

• Young Beast
I love country, real country though not this crap on the radio today thats a bunch of boy bands in pop
im talking about hank williams and johnny cash and willie nelson kind of stuff, stuff that isn't pop city country
I saw and was silent,
I saw and thought,

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
I always considered Johnny Cash more than just country, but either way his music is great. I can't really deal with rap, but I do enjoy some hip hop from back when.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

Nina
Ahhh, Johnny rulez. Wille Nelson rulez too  :-D

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:42:13 AM by Nina »

confused_mystery

• Realized Monster
I can listen to anything with some tempo and a beat...... except rap and such - that's just annoying to me.  :lol:

AGREED, ESPECIALLY with the mainstream crap and whats worse is that now not only is it about money and ass, its all just random beats and repeated lyics with the clothes that make the guy look metro gay and having the IQ of 2 

AWBrielle
  • Great Master
    • Blog
*<:)

My brother tends to listen to nothing else. It makes me cry. Rihanna, if you're the only girl in the world, then why the f*ck do you have to ask your boyfriend what your name is? Either he's the stupidest man alive, or you're really braindead.

God, I can't stand the radio anymore. :p

Redfan45x

• Young Beast
I always considered Johnny Cash more than just country, but either way his music is great. I can't really deal with rap, but I do enjoy some hip hop from back when.
Johnny also did some Rockabilly
I saw and was silent,
I saw and thought,