CryptoZoo > Sightings!

Time to stir the pot

<< < (3/12) > >>

ravinclaw:
How would we disprove it? Its kinda like nessie, we would have to drain the lock to disprove it.

To disprove bigfoot we would have cut every tree, explore every cave.

Muerte:

--- Quote ---To disprove bigfoot we would have cut every tree, explore every cave.
--- End quote ---

Yes that would either prove or disprove the existance of such an organism, but it's not very practical. 

The purpose of this thread is to try and figure out why.  I came up with two questions at the start of this thread:

Why do YOU ( points at the crowd ) think we have yet to aquire actual credible physical evidence of it's existance. 

Why do YOU think that there are not more of these creatures in existance. ( Every creature so far has a tendency to reproduce in accordance to their environment so... )

I was hoping that more questions would arise in reguard to our inability to solve this age old quest, but alas, there are no questions but mine.  Please, do not make me answer my own questions, because once you start answering yourself, people see you as mentally deficient.

Angelus:
Well lets hear your theory Meurte, since you seem to sh*t on everyone elses theories yours must be near enough bullet proof and we can build from that.

Moloch:
Well, before Mu goes and bares his soul/theory for all to see... Allow me:

--- Quote from: Muerte on May 16, 2009, 09:06:13 AM ---
--- Quote --- The most logical reason for us not finding a corpse of one lying in a mountain valley somewhere in the Alps seems to be that we assume these BHMs (big hairy monsters) have the intelect of at least a neanderthal, who, even in those early days, burried there dead out of either respect or some religious type belief
--- End quote ---

So this creature is capabile of rudimentary human thought.  If this were the case would they not also be using tools of some kind, and would there not also be some evidence of habitation in secluded areas such as caves.  To my knowledge there has been no such types of dicovery.  As to buring their dead, well I cann't say that they would have to use tools, but inorder to bury the dead deep enough for us to not discover them, not to mention scavengers which dig for food, well tools would help, and an inteligent animal would be able to figure that out.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---It is most likely they breed seasonaly and keep to small groups, hence why they arent crawling all over forests and mountain ranges
--- End quote ---

So are you saying they have enough inteligence to know that inorder to stay unobserved, they only breed rarely, to purposely keep their numbers low.  I ask not to be ostentatious, but it seems to me that every other organism on earth breeds until they reach the confines of their environment, also, if a certain organism breeds to keep their numbers low, they are asking for extinction.  Normal accidents, viruses, bacteria, environment, lack of food, hell anything can kill something that lives.  Also no other creature I know of purposely limits breeding, so this would put Bigfoot/Yeti/Abominable Snowman/ect... in the extreme minority for intelligence if they do this on purpose.

--- Quote ---Its just skeptisim
--- End quote ---

It's skeptisim that causes us to ask questions in search of the truth.  It isn't because we want to not believe, but it is to keep us from believeing blindly, and no offence, but those who prefer to believe blindly are fools.

--- Quote --- Its the same problem when we come to try to prove Gods existence "WE CAN"T!!" thats what makes it so difficult. We believe that we should be able to prove/disprove certain things like big foot or the yetti just because it is in the material world
--- End quote ---

Proving God exist and proving that Bigfoot/Yeti/Abominable Snowman/ect... exist are not compareable.  I know where you were going with this statement, but God ( if he exist ) does not exist on earth while Bigfoot/Yeti/Abominable Snowman/ect... apparently do.  As you said, we have discovered many things in our short time on earth, but have yet to ferrit out this elusive creature.  Why haven't we, with all of our vaunted technology discovered anything.  Is this creature so much smarter than we are?
[/quote]

I will point out merely one thing... something that should settle the debate of why we have had no previous encounters with this beast before.

In Africa, not so long ago, a previously unknown(to outsiders) population of lowland gorillas was discovered residing in the mountains of the Congo region... (links below). The locals told white scientists about them for decades, but the scientists never found evidence of them, and never got any pictures, just anecdotal heresay from local tribesman, as I've said just now.

Then, suddenly, voila, there they were, and the population of known gorillas in the wild grew substantially overnight. Now, in this thred we are discussing the possibility that another species of Great Ape resides in the americas and Eurasia, and has heretofore never been clearly photographed nor has anyone been able to get hold of a specimen for taxidermological examination.

so, before anyone else start bad mouthing, crushing, or generally sneering in anyone's direction again, I am going to ask all participants to remember:

1) Science does not know everything. If it did, then it would be God, and would have proven its own existence, making that argument null and void as well as this one.

2) YOU do not know everything. If you did, then you would be God, and would hence have to prove your existence to us, and hence this discussion would be moot until that one was resolved.

Links:

http://www.gorillas.org/125000_gorillas_discovered

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/08/05/congo.gorillas/index.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26016923/

Angelus:
I never knew abou the gorillas. That is actualy fascinating. The whole thing could just be down to plain luck. We haven't proved they exist just because we havn't YET. Everything is discovered eventualy so the only reason we havn't found one is just because we havn't. Same reason I have yet to find a pair of trousers that give me support and comfort in all the right places. Its out there, we just haven't been in the right place at the right time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version