Author Topic: Possession and hunting  (Read 3724 times)

Belle

• Witches
  • Monstrous Imp
Possession and hunting
« on: April 23, 2010, 03:38:11 PM »
I was possessed and had to get an exorcism. Since that happened I've been wanting to become a demon hunter. I dont really know how a person becomes a hunter which is why I came here. If there are any hunters on here or people who know about hunting please let me know. I'm really serious about this.

KubeSix

• Realized Monster
  • Personal Text goes here.
Re: Possession and hunting
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 10:48:45 PM »
This seems like a thread for Carden... Where'd he go...? Carden, get in here!

You'll find a few people here who know a lot about demonology, some others have basic knowledge of demons for lurking around these parts for too long and sometimes a hunter comes along.

I'm not one myself, though. I can, however offer a bit of advice: learn as much as you can about demons first, study your lore from good sources, obviously, and most importantly, don't do anything reckless. Make sure you know the nuts and bolts before rushing in with your salt and your books. That means, know your limit and don't go beyond it until you've pushed it further with practice. But I shouldn't have to tell you that if you've been possessed once before, you've already got your feet wet, so you know what it's like.
Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike when your opponent's back is turned.

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
  • Go forward, never look back!
    • LeXart.be
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 02:37:59 AM »
I was possessed and had to get an exorcism. Since that happened I've been wanting to become a demon hunter. I dont really know how a person becomes a hunter which is why I came here. If there are any hunters on here or people who know about hunting please let me know. I'm really serious about this.
Damn girl, 3 topics for the same question???? talk about overkill...
Fight for those you've lost and fight for those you don't want to lose! -LeXtruX-
"Yes, I made my avatar... Yes I made everything myself, and No I did not use any existing pictures" ^_^

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
    • LeXart.be
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 05:29:20 AM »
"Third time pays for all" or how does the saying go?   :lol:
3rd time's the charm I think it was...
But she made 3 topics with the same question on 1 day before anyone could reply to one of them...
I want to say: give up your dream of hunting demons, they are hard to find and harder to expell...
You say it urself: you had exorcism done upon you, so that's a no-go for hunting demons... you're too weak, they'll just take controll again...
Fight for those you've lost and fight for those you don't want to lose! -LeXtruX-
"Yes, I made my avatar... Yes I made everything myself, and No I did not use any existing pictures" ^_^

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
    • LeXart.be
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 06:27:37 AM »
Maybe she misses the demon?  :?
let me tell you smth about the human mind: in a lot of cases when someone has went through smth terrible (in this case being possessed) they turn out to be the ones that help others in similar situations... like someone that got abused becomes a psychiatrist or social worker or things like that...
They feel the need to help out others that are going through the same thing as they went through and because they got through it the feel the need even more because they deem it unfair not to help out those people

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
    • LeXart.be
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 09:18:18 AM »
Maybe she misses the demon?  :?
let me tell you smth about the human mind: in a lot of cases when someone has went through smth terrible (in this case being possessed) they turn out to be the ones that help others in similar situations... like someone that got abused becomes a psychiatrist or social worker or things like that...
They feel the need to help out others that are going through the same thing as they went through and because they got through it the feel the need even more because they deem it unfair not to help out those people

I know that, Lex!

It's just.... In her situation I don't think my first idea would be "Let's hunt demons". I could understand if she said "How can I protect myself and others from being possessed".

I know you knew that^^ just wanted to bring that up, anyway, it is indeed weird she says let's hunt demons, maybe she wants revenge on them?

Stella

• Monstrous Imp
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 03:17:14 PM »
Just a heads up. demon hunting is not the stuff you see on TV.

Average human vs Demon = Average human over there.. and there... there... and there too.
Do not forgive, do not forget.
Wisdom does not always lie in age.

matthew321

• Great Master
  • Fate Is Earned Not Given
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 04:06:10 PM »
I am wondering, where Carden did go? I kinda liked his input or at least I didn't not like it (at times).

I am going to say this straight if you are human you will fail at hunting demons end of story. You will then become part of the problem.
I know in anime and movies humans eventually become stronger then the evil monster. (usually just one or a few) Then they can kill it. Then when all monsters gone humans go back to normal or died trying. The point is that humans are not designed for this sort of battle.
If humans are not designed for it then they will fail. Yes some do try and there are a elect few that sort of succeed (at least don't die). But I do not recommend it.

If thou art truly desperate then I would recommend that thou wert to go in a deep meditation. Build thine mental prowess and discipline thine mind. Have it come to pass that thine mind stayeth on task and not be easily circumvented to a different subject. Thou must be mindful of thine thoughts and thou will be accountable for each one. If one passes thine guard then that is enough for a demon to KILL YOU. (which is known to hurt and be bad)

That is just a starting point and typing like that got a little "old" for me. (also that pun was a one time deal)
After that then you need to build up fighting strength and lots of practice. This can take years of dedication just to step outside your natural jurisdiction and kill demons for being demons. (kill a race for being a race I know there is a word for it that I need not say)

Bottom line not worth it, also you might lose your soul forever and end up not existing...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:08:55 PM by matthew321 »
If my life is worthless then death must be my currency to spend.

Gentleman Corpse
  • Monstrous Imp
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 06:05:46 AM »
My brothers and I hunt.

Most of you are right. It's not something to be taken lightly.

What exactly is your question on the matter?

LeXtruX

• Realized Monster
    • LeXart.be
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
My brothers and I hunt.

Most of you are right. It's not something to be taken lightly.

What exactly is your question on the matter?
in short: she wants to become a demon hunter but has no knowledge of how to do so or what it is to hunt demons at all, basicly, every question there is to be asked on how to hunt demons is being asked

Unholy Saint

• Watchers
  • Young Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 08:07:04 PM »
Belle, please, do yourself and DO NOT even try to become a hunter. If you value your life and the lives of those you love. That s**t is deeper than you might think. 
8-4-2009

Anaya

• Great Master
  • Eternity: Overrated and Over Populated
    • Spiritually Yours - Anaya
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 07:18:08 AM »
The people I know who can merely resist demonic possession are the strongest willed people I know. People who can fight themselves out of the possession have amazing spirit guides (like one lady-slapped an entity that was looking at their charge funny or so the reason was) and those who are neither of these really can't do it. So, if you really are going to try, I say take the advice from the well acclaimed members (we do get the miscellaneous 'demon hunter' who try to say crafting true silver swords out of silver and iron is right that need to be avoided) and be passionate in your research. If you aren't, then you are basically setting yourself up for spiritual suicide.

Gmail: anniemcnomed@gmail.com

Raziel
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 12:30:06 PM »
People have no souls.
The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
But don’t be afraid. And don’t forget...
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.
-Kingdom Hearts

Unholy Saint

• Watchers
  • Young Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
People have no souls.
I was hungry... So I ate mine...
8-4-2009

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »
People have no souls.
I was hungry... So I ate mine...

really? I sold mine for a bologna sandwich, that was all I could get with it...
"The reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein

"For those who say I am evil; hear this, what you hold in such disdain is my humanity."