Ghosts, Poltergeists & Apparitions > Ghostly Encounters

An open Poltergeist investigation.

(1/6) > >>

oldbill4823:
A friend contacted me a few days ago. It seems he has what you might term poltergeist activity.

His wife has noticed objects outside her vision being moved around the house. Some of these have strangely fallen and broken.
Perhaps more interesting is that her 7 year old son has reported objects floating across the room in front of him.

This family is not religious, or even spiritual. They live in an old French farmhouse next to a large church in the Vendee region of France.

So my questions to any readers is this, if you were a paranormal investigator called on to help with this what would you do and why?

In fact if you have any questions i can put them to the family.

Anaya:
If investigating on my own

*EMF base reading if I have the equipment. I would be sure to pick the highest activity place and set up digital recording devices in the directions I cannot see (three camera's minimum, four preferred) for either set up in the corners of the room or beside me facing outward. If possible, still camera's in every room. Begin asking questions, and approach it with a technology first. Two digital recording devices, one with me and one away from me. I would do this for all the rooms with claims of activities.
*After that, I'd do a walk of the house, using my sensitivity to see if I could get anything. Maybe, just for kicks, take one of the cameras and do a pendulum reading of simple yes or no questions. After this was done, review 'evidence' to see if there was something there or not. Do some light background research if time permits.
*If they are looking to dismiss it, that brings up a different routine of actions.

If investigating with a crew

*Basically the same thing, save different people in the house at different times, people in pairs, and two doing research on the background of the place. Lots of EVP work, and two cameras per group that goes in. The sensitives would not go in with each other though, cause if one believes and begins to project energy with the other around, that can screw everything up. (Reason why me and the second in command with the investigation group always split up even when it's just poking around creepy places). Wasn't stated previously but see if the furniture is at a slight slant or something. Test for trimmers that would cause slight movement in objects (there was a house that was investigated by a group of people that ended up being trimmers and high EMF that had caused everything.)
*Review and release to the family our scientific approach to speculations. If we personally feel there is something there, tell them but be sure to explain that it's just a feeling. It could very well just be a creepy house.
*Again, if they are looking for tactics to remove whatever is there, that is different entirely.

Now, questions for the family:

* What time of day does it normally happen or do most of the events happen during? (IE: evening, early morning)
* Are there others around when these things happen?
* What types of objects get moved the most? (IE: pewter, clay, glass, plastic // toys, knickknacks, keys, drinks)
* Is there ever a feeling that comes over you before these events happen? (IE: Uneasiness, fear, anger, sorrow)
* At any point of these events being noticed (from the beginning to now), have you ever felt threatened, like it was going to do you harm?
* Do you know the history of the home, such as when it was built, what it was used for, or what kind of people use to live in it?

And that's all that comes to mind 10 minutes or so after waking up.

Loki:
Oldbill I assume you can go there and make an onsite investigation ...

Or maybe they can just install a web video camera in their dining room so we can check if there is anything ghostly happening?

oldbill4823:
They are about 2 hours drive from me. I will be staying there for a few weeks in November though.

I can ask about webcams and such but it is somewhat an invasion of privacy to allow complete strangers visual access to their private life. I can and will ask though.

oldbill4823:
I can answer this straight away. Nothing of major significance. There are some money worries in the house, a new baby 18 months ago, a few family problems on the mothers side between mother and grandmother, but nothing of any real significance.

The previous occupants were a youngish family who restored much of the house to its current condition. The marriage was heading towards divorce last i heard but no major psychic or spiritual trauma there either.

In fact there is no known major event or history attatched to the house that stands out, other than the latest reports from the family themselves.

The eldest male child that reported objects flying across the room is quite level headed and not of obvious nervous disposition. The middle child although quite a 'character' is also very down to earth and normal. The mother is a former school teacher the father works in sales. Its all very normal except for the reports of strange events in the house.

They are keen not to make a big deal of it in front of the children, but it has certainly caused a few strange conversations in the household.

Interesting isnt it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version