Apocalypse Soon > Religions, Cults & Sects

Angels and about them

(1/23) > >>

Nina:
I read this post today which is giving totaly wrong info.

--- Quote ---Angel is a term exclusively applied to the Judo-Christian mythology. However, old pagan religions make use of spirit guides, entities that exist in another realm but may intercede on our plan to help us or show the way.

Angels are boring also and there are not monstrous so it is not the place to discuss if they do exist or not.
--- End quote ---

by wikipedia:

~Melek~

From Arabic ملك (málak), angel < root verb لأك (lá'aka), to send as a messenger.

(definite accusative meleği, plural melekler)

angel

cherub

The names of those 4 angels are: Musa-Tevrat,Davud-Zebur, Isa-Indzil i Muhamed-Kurŕn

Ring any bells?  :roll:

In Khuran, Meleks are also a very powerful beings of light and messengers.

Their existance may seem boring to you, but I asure you they dont see it that way.

Countess:
One of the reasons I don't fully trust Wikipedia is that just about anyone can post anything. It's a good starting place but would never be my sole source for anything. It's very disappointing since it is so glaringly incorrect.

Muerte:
  I wonder if the Angels Michael, Gabriel, Sammael (all of whom have served as the Lords Angel of Death) would like being seen as nothing more than sweet faced Cherubs?  Entities that posses the ability to cause death on such scales (and in such short periods of time) are things I most definitely consider worthy of the term Monstrous.

confused_mystery:
 :-o NOT MONSTROUS ?!! BORING ?!!!  :x  :x

whoever wrote that is an ignorant dumb ass, Dude angels aren't little chubby babies with hair and white feathered wings
Like God, they're not all about peace and love, they're intimidating as hell and would raise hell if its God's will

Countess:
I have to agree. While I am not Christian I would still not want to get on the bad side of any of the archangels Muerte mentioned. The idea that anyone who knows anything about these beings could believe they are cute little Cupid looking entities is absurd. Simply look to the images of Michel from the middle ages, covered in blood & filth from battle wearing an armour chest plate, carrying an enormous sword to disprove that image of angels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version