The Darker Side > The Blood Track

What Is A Psychic Vampire?

(1/4) > >>

CaptainClyde:
So I was browsing the forums when I happened upon a thread about PSYCHIC VAMPIRES!! And being the generally oblivious person that I am, I have only the slightest idea what they are. They are new and mysterious to me.

Like pomegranates. It's like a fruit filled with little fruits! What does it mean?!

Anyway, I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Because you guys are my friends. And friends help friends out. Unless they're frenemies. But we're not frenemies, right?

Right.

So,

1. How does one become a psychic vampire? Are you born one? Do you become one by being fed on?

2. Do they die if they don't feed? Or do they just become sick?

3. And what is this I hear about donors?

Thanks in advance, you guy are the bestest!

Countess:
Captain, donors are people within the vampire community who allow vampires to feed off of them willingly. This can mean actually drinking the donors blood or for psychic vampires, taking the person's energy from them & into the vampire. It is a very special bond that requires a great deal of trust. One good person to look into is Michelle Belanger. She wrote the Psychic Vampire Codex among other books & is sort of a non-official spokesperson for the community.

ravinclaw:
I thought about starting a new thread on this very subject, but I figured why not use this one.

In order to beleive in the possibillity of psychic vampirism, one must first beleive in the possibillity of the human body to create energy. Many cultures through out the years have had different ways of describing this energy, it has been called chi, aura, lifeforce and some believe this substance is what makes up the astral body. It is commonly accepted that this energy emits from the chakras, or certain points along the nervous system.  Seams possible dosnt it ? It is a scientific fact that the brain produces an electric energy of some sort.

The second thing one must consider is the posibillity of certain individuals being able to manipulate this energy. Some people train for this, usually starting with meditation. Others may do it like some sort of natural reaction. Say someone is sick or unable to create enough energy to feel healthy, they may "borrow" some from somewhere else. Perhaps a natural defence mechanism built into the astral body? Another theory of how vampirism can become a must for some, is damaged chakras. So comes the question...  "Is it possible to be changed into a vampire?" Let me answer with a question.  Is it possible for someone to damage someone elses chakras?

I have often heard it said, that a psychic vampire would only be able to consume as much energy as he would be able to create if he were normal. The same principle as a cup being able to hold only so much watter. If you fill the cup and keep on pouring, watter will spill to the floor.  What if there is a purpose for this excess energy? Someone able to manipulate energy in one way would probably be able to manipulate it in others. Which brings us to another question. Is it possible for someone who is perfectly able to create their own energy, to drain the energy of someone else if they have a purpose for said energy?

I could go on with fifteen or twenty more paragraphs but untill someone comments, or has a question I leave it at that.

Angelus:

--- Quote from: CaptainClyde on April 28, 2011, 03:57:34 PM ---So I was browsing the forums when I happened upon a thread about PSYCHIC VAMPIRES!! And being the generally oblivious person that I am, I have only the slightest idea what they are. They are new and mysterious to me.

Like pomegranates. It's like a fruit filled with little fruits! What does it mean?!

Anyway, I'm hoping you guys can help me out. Because you guys are my friends. And friends help friends out. Unless they're frenemies. But we're not frenemies, right?

Right.

So,

1. How does one become a psychic vampire? Are you born one? Do you become one by being fed on?

2. Do they die if they don't feed? Or do they just become sick?

3. And what is this I hear about donors?

Thanks in advance, you guy are the bestest!

--- End quote ---

Use the word "frenemies" again and we will not be friends. We do not combine words to make stupid words. No .

Wolfman528:
This might not have anything to do with psychic vampires, but can they drain people of emotions, make them feel nothing? Please tell me I'm not asking about something that's common knowledge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version