Apocalypse Soon > Religions, Cults & Sects

Judgement Day: May 21, 2011?

(1/11) > >>

AWBrielle:
Some Christian groups are under the assumption that this Saturday at six PM (time zone not provided) will be Judgement Day. Now, obviously I can't know that for a fact - in fact, I HIGHLY doubt it - but just thought I'd share.

--- Quote ---A radical Christian group has determined that the beginning of the end of the world will occur this week. But is their math correct?

Most of us roll our eyes and pass on carefree when we stumble across an apocalypse theory. But Family Radio has been proclaiming May 21, 2011 as the veritable Judgment Day, and it's been getting a lot of attention. How could they come up with such a specific date? NewsFeed crunched the numbers to see if their calculations could indeed signal the second coming of Christ, using passages from the New International Version of the Bible.

The Bible lists very few specific dates for events, so calculating the precise Judgment Day is a daunting task indeed. It takes a healthy leap of faith to take the Family Radio summation as fact, but if indeed their numbers are correct -– and their Biblical evidence stands true -- Judgment Day could indeed be upon us Saturday.
--- End quote ---

Read the rest here (believe me, it's pretty interesting): http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/16/by-the-numbers-how-may-21-2011-was-calculated-to-be-judgment-day/#ixzz1MY3TVSJJ

Nina:
We are all dead and my dream havent come true... oh well.... maybe in my afterlife... or next life... or purgatory... :doh:

Anaya:
I better finish my books before we all die lol and I am thrown into a world of fire cause I'm pretty sure most of the things I read won't survive for my later enjoyment. Oh sigh.

Nina:
U should be writing now then, not posting here, damn, so much to do and so lil time left xD

AWBrielle:
I better go do some charitable acts to save my soul.
xD

Oh, man. Watch this be true. Then we're all going to hell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version