MonsterVision > Classic Horror

Texas Chainsaw Massacre / 1974 version

(1/3) > >>

markus:
The original TCSM

This movie set the stage for classic modern horror of the late 70's and early 80's.

Tobe Hooper's movie renders  a  disturbing picture of a family of cannibals who hunt their victims using any means necessary .

Caught up in this whole mess is a group of young people unaware of what awaits them down an old back road of Texas.

Hunger is our most basic urge as human beings, and this family takes it to the extreme.

Leatherface stands out for the fact that he was born without a face, thus using human skin to gain an identity and this sets him apart from other slashers such as michael myers and jason vorhees for they hid behind masks.

Many people refuse to watch this movie  because of what they heard and because of the title. Strangely, some even walked out of the theaters on the previews for this movie

There's really a lot less gore in this movie than most people think but the last 10 minutes of this film are some of the most  terrify shots ever put on film.

Because of good ole leatherface to this day many people's nightmares will be echoing the buzz of a chainsaw.

Devious Viper:
See also this thread in Serial Killers

DeadHead:
Hooper is the man! :wink:

krymzynstarr:
I watched this recently...it still creeps me out...and it's still WAY better than the remake.

prezhorusin04:
I agree, the original is a classic and much better than the remake, though the remake wasn't horrible.. Jessica Beil is a decent actress.. Parts II and III were pretty good too, with Dennis Hopper going crazy and Ken Foree from 'Dawn of the Dead'..

But, did you ever see "Texas Chainsaw Massacre the Next Generation"?.. Talk about a horrible movie.. :)zzz No wonder Matthew Mcconaughey sued to try and keep this movie out of the video stores.. :roll:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version