Apocalypse Soon > The End

Multifaith Guide To The End Times

<< < (4/8) > >>

AWBrielle:

--- Quote from: Ladygriffin on April 10, 2011, 07:21:21 PM ---@ Rave:

You DID notice that she said she's from a Hindu family - didn't you?

--- End quote ---

THANK YOU.

@Rave - Not to mention that members of my family are, in fact, priests of the faith. Thank you kindly for explaining to me how Hinduism "works."  :roll:

rave phillaphia:
let me guess American Hindu though, right? She also said that there are members in her family that practice Hinduism, which doesn't mean that she actually does though.

AWBrielle:
Removed my post. Rave, make as many assumptions as you want.

I'm kindly backing out of this conversation as I feel I'll only be arguing a very verifiable point against a budge-less wall.  :roll:

rave phillaphia:
I am sorry, I know I shouldn't have said that second statement. I just get frustrated when I am trying to be helpful and give information that has been recommended to me by other people who are part of the culture/religion and others jump on me because automatically the people who are part of it are experts on the religion to the point where no one else is allowed to disagree. I didn't mean to aim at you I am just frustrated when I get Americans telling me they know it because they are related. For example, my great grandmother was Jewish and a survivor of the Holocaust and converted to Catholism, but I don't go and say I am the most expert of Judaism because of my family (or Catholism for that matter). Instead I go and research what scholars say and what anthropologists (the good ones, not the ones that exotictise the traditions) have found when they interviewed the people on a mass scale and the historical context. Not to mention the stories themselves. I really do appologize for being rude.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduAcademy#p/u/11/jzco3wWMY_U

rave phillaphia:
But when I read that it said "members of my family" it didn't say she followed the tradition, so I wouldn't have assumed that she practiced or did not practiced. Like "members of my family practice Catholism" that doesn't mean all my family does or that I do. It just says that I have been around the religion so I know about it. So I didn't want to assume that she practiced Hinduism because members of her family does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version