MonsterVision > Modern Horror

The last horror movie you saw?

<< < (61/62) > >>

Phantom Stranger:
"Gammera The Invincible" (1966)

Plot:
After the atomic bombs carried by a shot-down Soviet bomber explode in the Arctic, a 200 foot tall, fire breathing, flying turtle monster (Damn, what were they smoking back then) awakens from it's hibernation and goes on a destructive rampage.

Phantom's Review: Japanese cheese at it's finest. Cool monster, bad dubbing, lots of destruction. And like the original "Godzilla' before it, this film has been "Americanized" with footage showing soldiers, scientists and talk show hosts dealing with the monster. These scenes are hysterical. A fun way to spend an afternoon.

jordyn:
Waiting to watch Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, I'm having issues with my bluray player but it's sitting on my shelf in it's lovely netflix envelope. :)

Bloody Mallory is the last one I actually watched, I love it!!!! and own it on dvd.

"Heroines Mallory, Vena Cava and Talking Tina fight the fallen angel Abaddon and his accomplices vampire Lady Valentine and succubus Morphine. "

The colorful characters, wacky humor and rather impressive, even if it's a little corny and cliche storyline does the french horror industry justice, in my quirky opinion.  :)

jordyn:
i watched The hallows last night, not bad for a jersey devil story and rabies.

jordyn:

The Rite with Anthony Hopkins...a demon possession movie, go figure. I loved it, sort of had an exorcist two feel to it.

Phantom Stranger:
"The Raven" (2012)
                    _John Cusack

Plot: IMDB
When a madman begins committing horrific murders inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's works, a young Baltimore detective joins forces with Poe to stop him from making his stories a reality.

Phantom's Review:

This is a great murder mystery. Well acted, very atmospheric, interesting story and a bit of gore. Cusack is terrific as Edgar Allan Poe. The film has a bit of a "From Hell"/"Sleepy Hollow" feel to it but it works to it's advantage. Very entertaining movie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version