CryptoZoo > Dinosaurs

Megalodon

<< < (3/3)

blow_fly:
So the Meg's better maneuverability would give it a winning edge over a larger foe?

Regina Terra:
I guess, but this is the first time I've even HEARD of the shark. ^.^

Moloch:
Yes, its agility would give it the edge. Also, most large sharks like the Megalodon and the Great White don't normally kill their prey outright. They usually deal it a mortal wound, then leave to let the animal bleed out, and come back later to eat in peace. This keeps them from losing too many teeth, chancing a broken jaw bone in the case of the Great White, or torn cartilidge in the case of the Megalodon. It also helped to prevent other injuries and kept energy expenditure/food intake relations maximized, among other things.

blow_fly:
I see.  In that case, all it'd take to win the fight was for the Meg to ambush the whale from below with a devastating bite and then withdraw swiftly, leaving the mammal to perish slowly. You've got to admire the sneakiness of the big fish.

BowAndArrow:
Ooh, I find the topic of prehestoric sea-life quite hypo.

Yes, I, as a few wise people also would (I hope nearly all of you) admire the tactics and lifestyle of the great Megalodon (I cannot believe I am posting in this old thread). I mean, if you look at the fauna it was living with in its time, you see why the tactic of attacking from under would make a divine approach to getting himself a good meal. I mean, if, lets say, he was to attack a toothed whale, what risk would he be taking to get his head chomped off? Of course, with the presumed size of the whale it wouldn't be able to reach under himself that quickly, so to just gradually eat it alive until it bled to death would be a reasonable attack tactic.

That is all, my fingers are getting numb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version