The Darker Side > The Blood Track

What's your favorite vampire movie after all ?

<< < (2/10) > >>

Milanee:

--- Quote from: markus on June 07, 2009, 02:50:27 PM ---They all have their merits

One that comes to mind is 1931 Dracula with Bela Lugosi, after that the 1991 Dracula with Gary Oldman playing the part, sorry but IMO Gary Oldman is one of the best at playing villians

--- End quote ---

I signature this.

Muerte:

--- Quote from: blow_fly on June 07, 2009, 06:33:28 PM ---Any word on who it's starring?

--- End quote ---

Not as of yet.

Ryobi:
At least Lumley will be in an advisory position on it and the guys directing and producing are meant to be fans but you're all right; Hollywood business, who knows what's really going down. I read somewhere "Necroscope Premise/Synopsis: Premise is about college kids that find a telescope-like device that steals human souls. "  :| Which doesn't sound so promising... Some people are saying this info is wrong though, which is good.

I don't see how you'd use CGI in a film like that. An example; for me, personally, the Wamphyri aren't even remotely human when in full flow how the hell are they going to be depicted? The closest effects I could imagine would be the creature transformations/designs from the Kurt Russel version of 'the Thing'... but somehow that would entirely cut it. To be successful I think the movie will need subtle but intense CGI- to enhance the horror and otherworldliness of the Wamphyri and really get across the mood of the film. But CGI used in the wrong way removes all realism from a movie, this can't be allowed to happen in Necroscope.

Gonna be interesting to see what they do with this movie... when someone has a casting list, please for the love of god post.

Good vamp movies? What did you guys think of Kindred the embraced?

Vince_03:
i guess i have to say here is that i really liked the movie adaptation of anne rice's "interview with a vampire".

Devinoir:

--- Quote from: Vince_03 on June 09, 2009, 02:44:40 AM ---i guess i have to say here is that i really liked the movie adaptation of anne rice's "interview with a vampire".

--- End quote ---

It wasn't bad though it wasn't good enough.
Brad Pitt acts through the whole movie like a pretty painted doll, and I would take someone else for Tom Cruise's part, someone nore charismatic.
I'll have to agree that Coppola's Dracula is the best one yet - it has the vampire love story which beats the damn sissy Twilight in so many ways, it has the cool vampire hunter, it has some dark erotic intencity, it has style, most of all, and it has humor.
And the cast is also undeniably great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version