MonsterVision > Modern Horror

tcm (texas chainsaw massacre)

<< < (2/2)

Gojira54:
I remember going to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 1974 at the drive in my dad took me to see the movie I was 13 years old at the time and had been watching horror movies for a few years already. When I saw the movie I was expecting to see a Massacre there was none. Leatherface only waved his chainsaw aver the body of the guy who was lying on the table Leatherface never chopped him up to bits. The movie was about as far as I could tell about a girl named Sally who is chased and scared by the family of Leatherface and she makes her escape at the movies end. I felt jipped bigtime after seen the movie. I think the movie should have been titled Texas Wackos not TCM. I saw the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and hearing both good and bad things about the movie I saw it myself and I was very impressed. The remake is everything the 1974 TCM movie should have been in the first place. Leatherface was hacking up people all over the place so it seemed. When I saw TCM in 1974 most horror fans felt the same way I did they felt jipped. It seemed the only people who liked TCM in 1974 were people who were seen their first horror movie so they had nothing to compare it with so they thought it was ok not really knowing just how bad a movie tcm really was. What people fail to forget is that nobody liked TCM in 1974 it didnt make much money at all it bombed unlike Night of the living dead another independent horror movie that was a success. The reason Texas Chainsaw Massacre is popular now is because it was cult movie and almost forgottensomeone said TCM was based on a real event which is untrue but it sparked an interst so people became intersted in the movie again wanting to know about Ed Guin the guy that Leatherface is based on. Ed Guin was just a sick person and grave robber he only killed 2 people unlike a serial killer who kills 5 or more people. But some fans think Ed was a serialkiller himself he was not. Ed Guin was also the inspiartion for Norman bates in Psycho 1960 and Michael Myers of Halloween. That being said I have to say TCM never happened it was not a real event TCM was just a movie. I have lived in Texas for 44 years and here in TX TCM is a joke but some people from time to time ask about it we just laugh and tell them no that was just a movie no truth about it at all. Well back to the TCM movie as I said before the remake is worth watching if you rent TCM rent both the original and remake that way you can see there is a world of diffrence in each movie as one movie is a good horror movie and the other movie makes you wish the movie would just end because the 74 movie is very boring no horror nothing. I doubt if the 74 movie even qualifys  for horror.

lovenrock243:
lol... i like alot of the older movies because they play more mind tricks then gore

Gojira54:
I would not consider any horror movie that was made in the 50s 60s 70s to be old. Old to me is anything made in 1910 or 1920s or 1930s or before 1910. I enjoy the 1920s horror movies a great deal as well as the 1930s and 1940s which I consider those to be classic horror. But going back to Texas Chainsaw Massacre again I prefer the remake because there was a pretty good massacre in the movie and some nice eye candy.

lovenrock243:
would not consider any horror movie that was made in the 50s 60s 70s to be old. Old to me is anything made in 1910 or 1920s or 1930s or before 1910. I enjoy the 1920s horror movies a great deal as well as the 1930s and 1940s
--- Quote ---

thats what i mean
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version