Monstrous Music & Games > RPGs and Gaming

Gaming News for all Consoles.

<< < (2/7) > >>

chaoticpsyche:
Nugget From The Net: Play World Of Warcraft With The Kinect

The latest hack for Kinect lets gamers play WoW by moving their bodies. One of the things I'm sure most people hate about playing World of Warcraft is the lack of physical movement needed to play. Some talented folks at the University of Southern California Institute for Creative Technologies have heard your cries and are answering them with software that makes PC games playable with Microsoft's Kincet. The software they developed is called Flexible Action and Articulated Skeleton Toolkit, or FAAST. It uses the body's movements to emulate a keyboard's actions. FAAST is available for free download on their site. This has potential to help people recovering from traumatic accidents and even helping with childhood obesity. Would you want to play a PC game by moving?

chaoticpsyche:
With Mass Effect 2 topping most lists for Game of the Year, a lot of you might be picking up the game for the first time, or diving back in. Looking to expand that experience? Now you can pick up some DLC episodes for the game at deep discounts for today only. Xbox Live has Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi - Stolen Memory, and Overlord all on sale today for only 200 points each. That's a lot more ME2 for less than ten bucks.

Here's what each one offers up:

Kasumi - Stolen Memory

Cerberus has procured the service of Kasumi Goto, the galaxy’s most enigmatic master thief. In return for her help, Kasumi has asked Shepard’s help on a dangerous heist to infiltrate the vault of a deadly master criminal named Donovan Hock. Gain Kasumi’s loyalty on the planet Bekenstein, where Hock is throwing a party for the galaxy’s richest and most deranged criminal minds to recover data of great importance to Kasumi... and to the galaxy at large. New squad member, weapon, research, and achievement.

Lair of the Shadow Broker

Liara T’Soni is tracking down the mysterious Shadow Broker, and no one is safe. She’ll do anything to recover the man the Broker kidnapped… and the Shadow Broker’s agents will do anything to stop her. Team up with Liara and chase clues from the luxurious heights of Illium to the Shadow Broker’s own secret lair. Adds the Shadow Broker intel center, new research, and five new achievements – and the chance to continue a relationship with Liara.

Overlord

Keep a powerful hybrid VI intelligence – and the geth it has unleashed upon a planet – from wreaking havoc across the galaxy! “Overlord” includes 5 new levels, exciting ground combat and Hammerhead missions, and all-new achievements!

Devious Viper:

--- Quote from: chaoticpsyche on December 28, 2010, 10:46:19 AM ---Would you want to play a PC game by moving?

--- End quote ---

Honest answer? No way. I have an intense dislike for the Wii as it is, and the concept of having to play a shammy or a mage etc in a similar way doesn't flick my switch. It wouldn't increase my immersion in the game, but would actually have the opposite effect, I think.  :|

Now, try me out on the idea instead in a game such as Eve Online... Less replication of physical actions, more melding of body/interface... Yes, I could possibly go for that, if it was intuitively designed.  :-)

chaoticpsyche:
:) I had the same thoughts on playing WoW with the kinnect. However, it could be good for those in physical therapy, in a way. It could also be detrimental because then they would have a reason to be addicted to WoW, and you don't really need a reason to be addicted to it, I'm addicted to it....

I've never played Eve online, is it good?

Nina:
If you want to get cured for your addiction, just find another addiction. Worked for me, sort of   :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version