Monstrous Music & Games > RPGs and Gaming

Werewolf help!!!please.

<< < (2/4) > >>

grimweird:
Whoa... Seriously? Good luck with your campaign...  :? I'm trying to imagine how intimidating a werecat would be... And I keep coming up blank. And a gator? Really? Yeah, I think it's time to come up with some limits, otherwise the game might just wind up being very difficult to manage.

jordyn:
imagine a little girl that morphs into cat features, then a huge beastly monstrous cat form and then shifts into a large cat...she wants to play a leopard.

and the moleki aren't specifically alligators, they're derived from the south American dinosaurs that cryptos investigate in the jungles.  She likes the dinosaur and dragon aspects, i have to say for it's complication the werewolf game is really well put together with wonderfully indepth histories and even what each changer was selected by gaia for. that's probably why it's it's so complicated. I've become particularly fond of the children of gaia, the main character i designed is a thuerge and the pack leader is an uktena theurge and they reached out to other gaia creatures and sympathetic vamps to help preserve the remaining natural environments in the northwest.  It'll be challenging to run, but makes for one hell of a story.  :D

I'm not sure about their inclusion of anasai and nagas, never associated them as shape changers, they were just mythical beasts.

grimweird:
Err... Sorry, I don't really know about the alligator thing, I earlier assumed you were talking about the Mokele Mbembe from Africa. I had no idea the South Americans had a similar creature...  :-o

Anyways, I think you might be interested in a more flexible game than the typically more specific White Wolf offering:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/60553/Shadowrun%3A-4th-Ed.-20th-Anniversary-Core-Rulebook?filters=0_2140_1720_0_0

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/1879/Shadowrun%3A-Critters?it=1&filters=0_0_1710_0_0

Shadowrun may be more suited to what you are constructing. The core rulebook has probably the most detailed and well researched section on the paranormal of any RPG out there (the Magic section is particularly cool) and the Critters sourcebook would be most useful for someone who's interested in the paranatural. It's got 7 different types of Shifters including a leopard and a tiger. IIRC the original, 1st edition of this RPG had a critters section which was more detailed than the current 4th edition but was less comprehensive than the Critters sourcebook.

An added bonus is the RPG itself is set in the Pacific Northwest, centered in and around Seattle. It's set in 2050-2075 however (to take into account the post 2012 Mayan 6th "Awakened World" theory) so you may need to tweak it a little if you're not interested in the futuristic setting.

Check it out and let me know if you like it...  :-)

jordyn:
my ex husband was big on shadowrun, i was always a whitewolf/d&d girl. It's my daughter complicating things, not the system.  ;)

grimweird:
Yikes... Sorry I mentioned it then.  :oops: Didn't mean to rub salt on old wounds...

Still, the critters sourcebook may still prove useful should you require more "exotic" creatures. It only needs some minor tweaking for transforming some of the critters into useful PCs and NPCs... :-)

I know from your other post that you don't really need help specifically to run your campaign, but I find some groups out there concentrate too much on "roll-playing" rather than "role-playing". Personally I think the latter is just more rewarding... So if you like, try to not get too hung up on the mechanics and rules...

Hope you and your daughter have loads of fun regardless  :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version