MonsterVision > Monstrous Film-making

Night Watch

(1/2) > >>

prezhorusin04:
NIGHT WATCH

Night Watch:
http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/nwnd/

Just came out on DVD a few days ago. Part one of a trilogy. Won best Russian film of the year, and the sequels will be released in the states soon.. A very unique movie that's definitely worth checking out...

:spy:

jordyn:
i loved this one too, day watch looks even better from the previews, and dusk watch should be interesting.  I should really get the books to see what was left out of the movie.

what does that say about the american movie industry when russians create a better dark fantasy than some of the illustrious producers living here?

prezhorusin04:
I'm in agreement Jordyn, and am looking forward to the sequels. Night Watch was surprisingly unique and well made.. I see why it was one of the highest grossing Russian films ever..

Night Watch novel:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Watch_(Russian_novel)

krymzynstarr:
I waited and waited for Night Watch to make it's theatrical debut here....it never did *sigh* So, I ended up just purchasing it outright when it was finally released, as I will more than likely do with the sequel, Day Watch.  I'm a little antsy about the third installment though, the Fox company co-financed, which means that it was filmed in English.  I'm gonna miss the unique subtitles.

jordyn:

--- Quote from: krymzynstarr on July 26, 2006, 01:49:02 PM ---I waited and waited for Night Watch to make it's theatrical debut here....it never did *sigh* So, I ended up just purchasing it outright when it was finally released, as I will more than likely do with the sequel, Day Watch.  I'm a little antsy about the third installment though, the Fox company co-financed, which means that it was filmed in English.  I'm gonna miss the unique subtitles.

--- End quote ---

that's the problem with foreign movies in america, they're always select theatres...we didn't get it either. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version