The Animal Within > The Otherkin & Therians

What is the difference between the Otherkin and the Therian?

(1/2) > >>

Sorreah:
Hi people, well my question is simple, what is the difference between the Otherkin and the therian? i looked mostly everywhere on the forum and i didnt found anything about it.

And i got another question, il post it here instead of starting a new post:
is there any people who are "draconic" Otherkin? And that could tell me more about it?

The_Seeker:
Just opinion but I believe that therian is more oriented towards those who feel a connection with an actual animal (lions, tigers, bears, etc.).  Otherkin, while including general theiranthropy, are more associated with those who orient themselves with beings such as mythological creatures, fay, extraterrestrials, etc. 

So basically, one could say that therianthropy is a section under the otherkin umbrella.  I just prefer using otherkin to identify those with connections to irregular beings.

There are those who do consider themselves draconic (and personally I find otherkin the most appropriate category for draconics).  Here's some info on them.  I can't quite tell how valid it is because this all really a personal and relative subject but it might help.  Enjoy!

Comic
Comic
FAQ

Sorreah:
Great thank you :)

Sorreah:
Does someone Knows a lot about Kitsune?

Weirdelicious:

--- Quote from: Sorreah on August 09, 2006, 10:20:32 PM ---Does someone Knows a lot about Kitsune?

--- End quote ---

I'm gonna moderate this section soon I hope... anyway, I will work on different types of therians so don't worry about a thing Sorreah, you will get plenty of infos!  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version