The Animal Within > The Werewolves' Den

Why No Pictures?

(1/4) > >>

omnipotentoculus:
A previous thread, where our new friend Rykon had told us he was a werewolf, was closed because it was perceived by Alphamale as "beat up on the new guy."

This was not the case, it turned into a general thread on why or why not to post a picture of oneself physically morphed.

So I am to continue it here.

Let us begin with assuming physical shifting is possible (there are some who will argue it isn't in which case this tread is pointless) both because it has never been disproved as a possibility and because Rykon himself claims PS ability.

Next point. Taking a picture would prove the existence of werewolves, physical shifting, and possibly the existence of the paranormal in its entirety. Furthermore, it would show other new weres that they are not alone and have some one to talk to who is facing a similar situation. The final benefit is that of raising awareness so that we can be more sensitive to our friends who might have this condition and feel exiled or confused.

Now the counter-points. Someone seeing the picture might decide werewolves are dangerous and begin hunting and killing them. Also, a picture of a given were would make him/her the first target, which none of us want. Also, lets say the picture was convincing and the mass-media picked it up, it might turn into an anti-were hysteria akin to the witch-hunts mentioned by Moloch, though he lacked the analysis to explain how one picture would cause such an event.

My point is that all the counter-points make only one case: the picture would put the were in danger. My argument against is simple. This is monstrous, a self-proclaimed "save haven for monsters" where people openly admit that they are werewolves, vampires, aliens, fairies, and psychics, among other things. By declaring themselves as such in non-RPG rooms they automatically imply truth in their statements. This means that any hunter who was serious, could, if well versed in computers, hack the site, get member emails, and from there find out IP addresses and locations, hunt these people down, and murder them. The thing is, people have been proclaiming their supernatrualness on this site for quite a while and that hasn't yet happened. If someone was really serious, we'd have already had some problems. But we haven't, and a picture is no more dangerous than a post.

The benefits of the picture, however, are far greater. Thus, I argue, it would be best for pShifters to attempt to take pictures and post them on this site. Loki could even restrict access to "trusted" members. I await your replies.

Nina:
I agree

Alphamale:
i won't be posting any pictures, becuase my p-shift is only minor, and is hardly noticable, so there would be no point, the only thing you would really notice a diffrence in would be my eyes, and my webcam sucks too much to catch eyecolor, when i find a better way of gettting them captured, i'll post pics.

Rykon:
sry guys. i understand how curious you are but pictures are a no.

omnipotentoculus:
If you don't want to personally, fine, I am totally fine with that. 100% you have a right to privacy. Just say that.

None of you did, however, you made appeals to logic and argumentation. I would still like to see the logical argument behind not posting pics, like those presented in previous threads. This, so the mods know, is not an attack on anyone or an attempt to goad someone into doing something they disagree with, it is an honest attempt to vet this issue once and for all.

Alphamale: If you're going to go through the agony, at least put your digital camera on timer so we get a nice pic. Or perhaps, this is your opportunity to "come out" to someone you trust. Again,  just a suggestion, if you don't like it, toss it.
Rykon: thanks for being up front and honest

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version