Dead... And Not So Dead > Death in action

Old ones.

(1/2) > >>

Tybalt:
You never ever think twice when you step on an ant on accident, ever. Thats kind of the way the old ones from HP Lovecraft felt. Not that they were evil, it was that we just really didn't matter in the whole grand scheme of things. Any one else found that point of view interesting?

thneedly:
Ah, Cosmicism. One of my favorite philosophies.
Howard Phillips Lovecraft truly was a genius.

Personally, I like this perspective because it is essentially existentialist in nature, at least the implication is existentialist. If we're that insignificant, then what do the consequences of our actions really matter? It frees us from responsibility, and I like that.
I like knowing I could shoot a man and let his blood spray on my face and know that the only thing I face in the afterlife is blackness and nothingness, just like everyone else.
It's a good feeling. A free feeling.

I don't care if there are great cosmic beings that could crush this entire planet in an instant. Not at all. I'd be powerless to stop it, so why get concerned?

Tybalt:
It does give a good free feeling and shows who is a real good person because they choose to be and not because they are trying to work for some after life reward. In the end, when we look at it, were still apart of nature, and were the very animals that destroy the world so it may re-grow again...

Or we could try and save it not because some book says were special, but because taking good care of our sevles, actually makes sense.

Nina:

--- Quote ---Or we could try and save it not because some book says were special, but because taking good care of our sevles, actually makes sense.
--- End quote ---

Exactly!!!

Tybalt:
This is where hope can influence us to tip the scales to do the right thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version