Monstrous Music & Games > RPGs and Gaming

i want to be a demon hunter can anyone help

<< < (3/10) > >>

Smithkakarot:

--- Quote from: jordyn on January 05, 2009, 10:27:07 PM ---and absolutely, the east has some intriguing understandings of spiritual energy.
--- End quote ---

Cool. Next time I see a demon, I'm gonna go "KAMEHAMEHA!" and blast its top half off.    *<:)

Amaya:

--- Quote from: Smithkakarot on January 06, 2009, 01:42:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: jordyn on January 05, 2009, 10:27:07 PM ---and absolutely, the east has some intriguing understandings of spiritual energy.
--- End quote ---

Cool. Next time I see a demon, I'm gonna go "KAMEHAMEHA!" and blast its top half off.    *<:)

--- End quote ---
And if you do this you would probably be toast.  :laugh:

As for the general topic: I admit I don't know much about demons but I knew a friend who could see them and talk with them. She talked little on the subject but she said one thing to me, "Stay out of it. They're something you really don't want to get involved with." Forgive me if I say that I believe that you're taking this too lightly. Even if you aren't, you seem to be rushing things a lot. I think you should sit back and think about this a little more. And I must admit...your motives bother me slightly. A tiny thing you said sticks out in my mind as being a very big problem.Still, no matter what you do or choose, I wish you the best.

LetterEphesus:

--- Quote from: Smithkakarot on January 05, 2009, 01:43:19 PM ---First, grow/cut your hair to about just past chin-length. Next, dye it silver. Next, get a red trenchcoat. Next, get a big-ass sword and two guns. POOF! You're Dante.

...okay, sorry, I couldn't resist. While hunting demons and monsters and **** would indeed be cool, I really feel you'd have to be like, super-strong. Like, super-duper strong. Like, Kid Goku-level strong. (Saying this, I'm actually crazy enough to ask God to make it so people can actually get that powerful.)

And if you don't mind me askin', Letter, could chi energy affect demons?

--- End quote ---

Lol, dude. Anywho, to answer your question, I don't know too much about "chi" energy. I assume it is similar to the other oriental concept know as Chakra, so I guess I'd have to say "in a way". The brain is a very powerful tool; focus and concentration can do a lot more in the spiritual realm that most would think.

As to Rainbow's post, I don't see why a katana is neccessary, other than to look absolutely pwnsome in combat. As for martial arts/ the physical aspect of hunting, there might come a time when the possesed will retalliate against the exorcist. I guess a bit of kung-fu couldn't hurt, (no pun intended), so long as you don't direly injure the person.

That's pretty much all I can think up at this hour, and if my writing seems a bit informal, please excuse me, but frankly this time of night is when I'd rather be dead asleep. So...if I missed something let me know

Nina:
I think that chi has more to do with your inner energy, and chakras are like centers of it, but Im not sure... sorry....

Rainbow:
Well... I have to say that I really don't know why my sister mentor told her about the katana. But hey it doesn't hurt anybody to learn how to used one, you might need it some day.

--- Quote from: Nina on January 07, 2009, 06:09:08 PM ---I think that chi has more to do with your inner energy

--- End quote ---

This is what I found about the Chi, hope it helps.
References to things analogous to the qi (Chi) taken to be the life-process or “flow” of energy that sustains living beings are found in many belief systems, especially in Asia. Philosophical conceptions of qi date from the earliest recorded times in Chinese thinking. One of the important early cultural heroes in Chinese mythology is Huang Di (the Yellow Emperor). He is identified in the legends of China as the one who first collected and formalized much of what subsequently became known as traditional Chinese medicine.

The earliest extant book that speaks of qi is the Analects of Confoolwitius (composed from the notes of individual students some time after his death in 479 B.C.) Unlike the legendary accounts mentioned above, the Analects has a clear date in history, and most later books (at least the ones that do not purport to be relics of the legendary earliest rulers) can also be assigned clear dates in history.

Manfred Porkert described relations to Western universal concepts:

Within the framework of Chinese thought no notion may attain to such a degree of abstraction from empirical data as to correspond perfectly to one of our modern universal concepts. Nevertheless the term qi comes as close as possible to constituting a generic designation equivalent to our word "energy". When Chinese thinkers are unwilling or unable to fix the quality of an energetic phenomenon, the character qi 氣 inevitably flows from their brushes.[2]

Although the concept of qi has been very important within many Chinese philosophies, over the centuries their descriptions of qi have been varied and may seem to be in conflict with each other. Understanding of these disputes is complicated for people who did not grow up using the Chinese concept and its associated concepts. Until China came into contact with Western scientific and philosophical ideas (primarily by way of Catholic missionaries), they knew about things like stones and lightning, but they would not have categorized them in terms of matter and energy. Qi and li (理, li, pattern) are their fundamental categories much as matter and energy have been fundamental categories for people in the West. Their use of qi (lifebreath) and li (pattern, regularity, form, order) as their primary categories leaves in question how to account for liquids and solids, and, once the Western idea of energy came on the scene, how to relate it to the native idea of "qi". If Chinese and Western concepts are mixed in an attempt to characterize some of the problems that arise with the Chinese conceptual system, then one might ask whether qi exists as a "force" separate from "matter", whether qi arises from "matter", or whether "matter" arises from qi.

Hand written calligraphic Qi.Fairly early on, some Chinese thinkers began to believe that there are different fractions of qi (in the sense that different fractions can be extracted from crude oil in a catalytic cracker), and that the coarsest and heaviest fractions of qi form solid things such as rocks, the earth, etc., whereas lighter fractions form liquids, and the most ethereal fractions are the "lifebreath" that animates living beings.[3]

Yuán qì is a notion of "innate" or "pre-natal" qi to distinguish it from acquired qi that a person may develop of their lifetime.

This is the link if you want more info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%27i

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version