The Darker Side > The Blood Track

What's your favorite vampire movie after all ?

<< < (3/10) > >>

Muerte:

--- Quote ---I read somewhere "Necroscope Premise/Synopsis: Premise is about college kids that find a telescope-like device that steals human souls. " 
--- End quote ---

Well I don't know who wrote that synopsis, but it is completely wrong, so worry not over that part.  The Necroscope is a man who is able to breach the veil of death, and speak directly to the dead.  In this way he is able to learn what they knew in a fairly short amount of time, and used that knowledge to accomplish many goals.  I'll not ruin it by being to descriptive, but there are also precogs, locators, ect... in the book to counter the Wamphyri threat.

Ryobi:
I know what the story is meant to be, hence why I was so worried about the synopsis I found. But you have to be right, there's no way they can fit this idea of 'college students finding a soul-stealing device' into the actual plot line of The Necroscope.

Muerte:

--- Quote ---'college students finding a soul-stealing device'
--- End quote ---

I know it's not you  Roy, but could you direct me to where you found that synopsis?  I would like to chew on their asses for a bit, because I have read all but two of the Necroscope books, and not once have i run across such a device mentioned.  Closest to come would be an interrogative device the Russians employ to completely drain a persons mind, leaving them a a lifeless husk.

Ryobi:

--- Quote ---Brian Lumley Forums Archives Thread

<Bozlem Stu>
Just been looking on the web for news of the film and the only thing i can find is on www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/n/necroscope.htm (http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/n/necroscope.htm) the following is all the have on the film: "Necroscope Premise/Synopsis: Premise is about college kids that find a telescope-like device that steals human souls. "
--- End quote ---

The site doesn't have a review up anymore, when I found this thread it was still working. When I find another post of that review and a working source I'll let you know.

However if you go half way down the page in this next link then you can see supporting evidence that the previous site, synopsis and review did exist, if only I could read the tiny thumbnail http://community.livejournal.com/lumley_vampires/12632.html)

Alexander:
Pft.

Nobody can beat the black and white silent classic.  1922.  Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens.

I actually think I fell asleep the first time I saw it.

-Alexander du Galle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version