Monstropedia > Forbidden Archaeology

Fountain of Youth

<< < (9/10) > >>

markus:
If there is/was a fountain of youth,  I would go and swim in it till I almost drown, then drink it  until I pop like a tick  :laugh: :laugh:

Father time has been very cruel to me  :gun:

Muerte:

--- Quote from: markus on July 16, 2010, 04:09:52 AM ---If there is/was a fountain of youth,  I would go and swim in it till I almost drown, then drink it  until I pop like a tick  :laugh: :laugh:

Father time has been very cruel to me  :gun:

--- End quote ---

I can feel you there my friend, father time I think has it in for me also.   

Muerte:
  Now that is comedy!  Thanks for the levity dear, it is so few and far between for me after all.

Moloch:
Kadesh is right of course, I have nothing but the utmost respect for both of you.

As for the fountain and all...

First, as I and others have said before me, the folks who want to live forever are those same people who don't know what to do on a rainy day.

Second, has no one given any thought to the idea that maybe the "Fountain of Youth" is a metaphor? Think about it. Back then the Old World was pretty much used up. Hence why there was so much exploration. So, you find a new world to explore, and the excitement makes you feel younger, more invigorated. Now, when you go back home; what would you tell people to get them interested in going there?

"There, in that New World, lies a fountain which restores your youth, and makes you young again!"

Being generally stupid, people would fail to see the metaphor and start looking for a literal fountain, instead of just appreciating the bounty of the land and enjoying themselves.

MagnusCrane:
As a metaphor, much could be said same about the Holy Grail. But I see your point friend. Although in some writings I found in Puerto Rico at the the Fort of Ponce De Leon, he mentions the Fountain of Youth and says that he's sent a few men off to bear witness of it and none has ever returned, even though he is claiming to have witnessed such a thing. Go figure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version