Witches Brew > The Book of Shadows

familiars and summoning.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Countess:
Okay this clarifies the picture a good deal. They sound like they may be Totems. Totems are creatures (animals/creatures) which carry special meaning or messeges for the person they appear to. Some stay with you your whole life & some appear when needed. If this is the case just focusing on the image of the entity may be sufficient to summon its energy & image although most likely not a physical manifestation.

Arcane Artifice:
Okay thank you very much, this helps a lot. Now I suppose I can go on more about possibly being able to add onto these totems or if its dangerous to have too many at a time. Considering you seem to be the most helpful if you wouldn't mind answering a few more questions it'd be much appreciated.

The first being: Is it too dangerous to have too many Totems? I always assumed that most of the time a Golem or Totem could be self sufficient as long as it had magic or something to sustain it. I can understand keeping track of any specific Totems, but say a mass produced messenger or drone was created would that have any serious strain.

The Second: Considering a created Totem is much different from an already existing entity, does that put the Totem at a disadvantage. I say this because in the event something malevolent comes I wouldn't want to be recklessly throwing something in harms way only to have it be destroyed.

The Third: When is this considered going to far? I hope I haven't already done so, but I view this as more of a fascination as well as an art form. I currently only have a Spiritual Guardian and say three totems, along with a few more in the design process.

Countess:
Having too many created ones would be considered unsafe since they are essentially a part of you & could be to draining to maintain them all. Along the same vein putting a created one in the way of something malevolent could have a negative impact on you.

Arcane Artifice:
I see your point there, would the negative impact from placing one in harms way come from the personal connection I'd share with the Totem? If so then is there any safe way to use a totem for defense aside from creating it as something extremely durable?

Countess:
Totems aren't meant for defense. It's not like a Patronus in Harry Potter. The totem is a messenger &  companion. The best defense methods depend on the entity you are facing & your personal belief system in some cases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version