Author Topic: Gaming News for all Consoles.  (Read 3241 times)

blacksite117

• Weres
  • Fearless Warrior
    • http://www.monstrous.com/forum/
Re: Gaming News for all Consoles.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 07:08:02 AM »
i play eve to, wanna give me 300million so i can get battleship and fit for it?

pwease  %*)
you are what you think you are,
what you feel you are, and
most importantly who you tell yourself you are.
so think think positive.
life's to short for negative thinking.

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »
2010 was all about 3D. Movies had their release dates changed and up-rezzed to 3D. 3D TVs were all the rage in electronic stores. Events like CES and E3 were dominated by the coming of 3D. Even games that had absolutely no business being projected in multiple dimensions were. All this 3D technology was everywhere we looked and we didn't really want any of it. Well, except one small item that looks like it will change our opinion about 3D in 2011.

This will be the year of the Nintendo 3DS. The predecessor to the DS will project multiple layers of a video game giving you the effect of 3D without glasses. There really is no way to accurately show how the 3D effect works unless you see it for yourself. As of now, the 3DS only has a release date and price for Japan but is expected to retail for around $300 and launch in North America by March. Whenever it does launch, fingers crossed it's sooner than later, we will be ready. Trust me, I'm eating ramen and drinking water until then so I can save enough to buy one.
Certain games have been announced and other games have only been rumored. But looking to the future, here are the top 3DS games I cannot wait for.

"The reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein

"For those who say I am evil; hear this, what you hold in such disdain is my humanity."

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 10:31:02 AM »
War is a serious situation often trivialized in the video games we play. The most successful video game franchises deal with war, Call of Duty, Halo, Medal of Honor, just to name a few. More often than not it's the real wars we deal with that shape our video games but in this bizarre instance an actual war has shaped a video game console. This Game Boy was blown up in a bombing during the Gulf War. The fact that it retained its shape despite clearly being squished and melted isn't even the impressive part. The impressive part is that it still works. Tetris anyone?
"The reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein

"For those who say I am evil; hear this, what you hold in such disdain is my humanity."

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 10:33:51 AM »
Sneezies, Ghost Mania arrive on WiiWare
By Eddie Makuch, GameSpotPosted Jan 3, 2011 9:49 am PT
Nintendo Store Update: Console rings in new year with chain reaction sneezing title, colorful puzzle game, Robox demo on download space; DSiWare gets Music on: Drums, Word Searcher 2, and Alt-Play: Jason Rohrer Anthology.

The calendar has flipped from 2010 to 2011, and Nintendo has added the first DSiWare and WiiWare titles of the new year to its download space. Out this week are five new titles spanning both download hubs as well as one free sampler.

Leading the charge this week is Chillingo's Sneezies (500 Wii points, or $5). The title has players using the Wii Remote to flick packets of sneezing powder on the game's critters, the Sneezies. Doing so frees the creatures, and offers the possibility of chain reaction combinations. The title boasts 60 levels split across Classic and Challenge modes.

The iOS game Sneezies has found its way to the DSi.
Also out now is Ghost Mania (500 Wii points, or $5). From Legendo Entertainment, the falling block puzzle title sees gamers building and expanding piles of blocks in an attempt to wrangle lost ghosts. The title sports "multiple" single-player and multiplayer experiences, including puzzle mode, arcade mode, and two-player modes Enduro and Battle.

Gamers looking to try before they buy this week can download a free demo for DreamBox Games' Robox. The title thrusts players into the figurative shoes of an exploratory probe sent to a bizarre planet looking for his missing mechanical pieces.

Switching to DSiWare, Nintendo added three new titles to the portable download hub today, the first of which is Music on: Drums (500 DSi points, or $5). From Abylight, the game lets users create their own recordings. The title comes with 160 distinct sounds that users can splice together however they see fit. Further, the game lets users record up to 64 songs and boasts a mode for more advanced users where details like volume, frequency, and panning can be manipulated.

Also out on DSiWare today is Word Searcher 2 (500 DSi points, or $5). The Digital Leisure-developed game comes with 100 themed wordsearch puzzles to work through. The title boasts multiple themed categories including pirates, palindromes, and painting. Additionally, the game automatically scrambles words on each playthrough.

The last DSiWare title out today is Alt-Play: Jason Rohrer Anthology (200 DSi points, or $2). From Sabarasa, the compilation title includes three of indie game designer Rohrer's titles: Passage, Gravitation, and Between.

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 10:34:44 AM »
Rock Band developer sold off by Viacom
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpotPosted Dec 23, 2010 10:07 am PT
Harmonix bought up by private holding company; says "unannounced projects" are on the way.

A month and a half ago, media giant Viacom announced its intention to sell off Harmonix, developer of the Rock Band games. Today, the company announced the deal is done, with Harmonix-SBE Holdings LLC scooping up the studio for an undisclosed sum. The privately funded holding company is an affiliate of New York city-based investment firm Columbus Nova, LLC.

Harmonix is dancing to the beat of a new drummer.
In a forum post, Harmonix issued a statement in which it assured Rock Band owners that the sale won't affect the regular downloadable content updates for its games, which also includes Kinect favorite Dance Central.

"We're excited to be returning to our roots as an independent and privately owned studio," read the post. "As for what it means for you, the DLC schedule marches on for Rock Band, we will continue our support of previously released titles, and we're hard at work on some unannounced projects that we think you're going to be pumped about."

Harmonix also thanked Viacom and its subsidiary MTV Networks for being an "amazing home" since the studio was bought in 2006 for $175 million. The timing of the graciousness was curious, as just last week the original shareholders of Harmonix filed suit against Viacom, accusing the company of manipulating costs in order to deny performance bonus payments to Harmonix.

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »
Dragon Age II Signature Edition includes Exiled Prince DLC
By Eddie Makuch, GameSpotPosted Jan 7, 2011 9:59 am PT
BioWare to include three-mission pack surrounding "noble archer" Sebastian Vael in top-tier edition; available free for those who preorder before Jan. 11, otherwise as a $7 download.

In October, BioWare announced the Dragon Age II Signature Edition with little detail. At the time, the developer said the top-tier pack would include a host of content, including an unnamed mission pack. Now, that mission pack has a name.

Those who preorder BioWare's Dragon Age II before January 11 will score a free upgrade to the Signature Edition of the game for $59.99. The SKU will include the game, a digital copy of the game's soundtrack, an in-game armory of weapons for use in the title, and the Exiled Prince downloadable content.

Hawke will partner up with Vael in the Exiled Prince DLC.
The Exiled Prince three-mission pack content introduces players to "noble archer" Sebastian Vael. A priest, Vael is thrust back into the throes of "princely politics" when his family is murdered, leaving him the lone surviving heir. When players encounter Vael, they have the option to either avenge the untimely death of Vael's family or "direct his holy vengeance on their enemies in Kirkwall." Additionally, players will be able to recruit the ranged-weapon master to their party.

Those who do not preorder the title before January 11 can still access the Exiled Prince content by purchasing it for 560 Microsoft points, or $7. The Signature Edition of Dragon Age II will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC and will premiere on March 8 in North America.

Set over a 10-year period, Dragon Age II will see the player transform Blight-survivor Hawke from "a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land," with new combat mechanics for the game's three classes. Although Hawke gains fame as the Champion of Kirkwall, the game will peer into his mysterious rise to power.

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 11:43:03 PM »
Thief 4 sneaks into GDC schedule
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpotPosted Jan 6, 2011 4:37 pm PT
Lecture about game's music system to mark the first time Eidos Montreal has spoken publicly about stealth action sequel; Battlefield 3 tech talks also planned for conference.

The next installment in Eidos' stealth action series Thief is nearly ready to emerge from the shadows. The organizers of the Game Developers Conference today unveiled another wave of talks, including one that marks the first time a developer from Eidos Montreal will be able to publicly speak about Thief 4.

The talk, titled "Stealing Sound: Generative Music in Thief," will be presented by Paul Weir, who is fulfilling the roles of audio director, sound designer, and composer on the project. According to the session description, Weir will espouse the benefits of using a live generative music system instead of pre-scripted tracks for a game with the goal of creating "a musical aesthetic that pushes away from the shadow of film."

Audio will almost certainly play a key role in the stealth action sequel.
In addition to the Thief 4 session, the GDC schedule received a handful of other notable sessions today. There will be a pair of sessions about the anticipated EA DICE first-person shooter Battlefield 3, although they're fairly technical in nature. "SPU-based Deferred Shading in Battlefield 3 for Playstation 3" is intended for advanced programmers, while "Lighting You Up in Battlefield 3" assumes that attendees will have a basic understanding of lighting systems and rendering technology.

Another new addition to the docket requires no special understanding of anything but failure. With a panel including George Fan (Plants vs. Zombies), Chris Hecker (Spy Party), and Kyle Gabler (World of Goo), "The Failure Workshop" will have the developers of hit games sharing stories of their misses, and what helpful lessons they learned from the experience. According to the description, all GDC-goers are encouraged to sit in, "especially attendees who are interested in learning how to fail better."

The 2011 Game Developers Conference is scheduled to take place in San Francisco from February 28 through March 4.

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »
Big in Japan January 3-9: Monster Hunter Portable 3
By Tom Magrino, GameSpotPosted Jan 14, 2011 3:41 pm PT
Capcom's critter-killing beat-'em-up easily retains top software slot with 133,500 sales, but PSP loses hold on hardware crown.

Game sales continue to deflate following the holiday rush in Japan, but the Christmas season's top choices remain much the same. Reporting on Japanese retail sales for the week of January 3-9, Media Create pegged Capcom's Monster Hunter Portable 3 as the top seller, continuing its run atop the stat-tracker's charts with 133,562 units sold.

Monster hunting is basically a national pastime in Japan.
In a repeat of the week prior's top 10, Nintendo's Donkey Kong Country Returns and Wii Party, both for the Wii, followed Capcom's PSP beat-'em-up, selling 66,551 units and 53,144 units, respectively. A collection of usual suspects followed, with Pokemon Black/White, Mario Sports Mix, Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi, and Gundam Musou 3 lining up behind Wii Party.

The week offered only one new release to crack Media Create's top 10 software chart: SaGa 3: Jikuu no Hasha - Shadow or Light for the DS. A spin-off from Square Enix's name-brand Final Fantasy franchise, SaGa 3 sold 27,344 during its first week of availability in Japan.

Though the software chart remained much the same, Media Create's hardware chart shuffled during the week. Namely, the PSP lost its weeks-long grip on the top of the hardware chart, selling just 28,757 units during the week. That performance put it behind the PlayStation 3 (59,612), Wii (56,547), DSi LL (44,122), and DSi (38,486).

JAPAN GAME SALES WEEK OF JANUARY 3-9, 2011
Software:
Rank / Title / Publisher / Platform / Unit sales
1. Monster Hunter Portable 3 / Capcom / PSP / 133,562
2. Donkey Kong Country Returns / Nintendo / Wii / 66,551
3. Wii Party / Nintendo / Wii / 53,144
4. Pokemon Black and White / The Pokemon Company / DS / 45,590
5. Mario Sports Mix / Nintendo / Wii / 40,123
6. Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi / Level 5 / DS / 37,237
7. Gundam Musou 3 / Namco Bandai / PS3 / 30,128
8. SaGa 3: Jikuu no Hasha - Shadow or Light / Square Enix / DS / 27,344
9. The 3rd Birthday / Square Enix / PSP / 27,279
10. New Super Mario Bros. Wii / Nintendo / Wii / 24,888

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 01:23:10 PM »
Killzone 3 goes gold
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpotPosted Jan 14, 2011 10:20 am PT
Guerrilla Games finishes Move-compatible 3D first-person shooter in time to meet planned February 22 launch date.

Guerrilla Games has promised a lot of new features for Killzone 3: support for 3D TVs and Sony's PlayStation Move controller, split-screen co-op, jetpacks, and a skyscraper-sized robot crab. Gamers will soon get the chance to judge how well the developer delivered on those promises, as Sony today announced the sci-fi first-person shooter has gone gold and will make its previously announced February 22 launch date.

Don't shoot until you see the reds of their eyes.
As the name suggests, Killzone 3 will serve as a direct sequel to 2009's critically lauded Killzone 2. In the previous title, the Interplanetary Strategic Alliance took the fight to the Helghan homeworld, where it achieved a measure of success against the Nazi-esque civilization that invaded the human colony of Vekta in the 2004 original. Now gamers will get the chance to pick back up with Sev, Rico, and the rest of their surviving squad, outgunned and outmanned by the Helghast as usual.

Killzone 3 will be available in two versions, a standard $60 release and a $130 limited edition package with a replica mask and helmet of the series' signature Helghast armies. While the headgear is the centerpiece of the extra goodies, the collector's edition will also include a 6.5-inch articulated Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure, an art book, and a voucher to download multiplayer maps, the game's soundtrack, and more.

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 01:23:46 PM »
Dreamcast Collection hitting PC, 360 in Feb.
By Jane Douglas, GameSpot UKPosted Jan 14, 2011 3:29 am PT
Sega to release Space Channel 5: Part 2, Sega Bass Fishing, Sonic Adventure, and Crazy Taxi as a boxed compilation in February.

Sega has announced a packaged compilation of four of its Dreamcast titles--Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Sega Bass Fishing, and Space Channel 5: Part 2--for the Xbox 360 and PC and as a PC digital download. The collection comes out on February 25 in Europe and February 22 in the US.

Ulala et al arrive in February.
This bundle of Dreamcast reissues follows last year's individual releases of Sonic Adventure in September and Crazy Taxi in November; both were released on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, though there's no mention of a PlayStation 3 version of the upcoming boxed Dreamcast Collection. Sega had already announced that the second wave of Dreamcast games to come to current-generation consoles in download form would be Space Channel 5: Part 2 and Sega Bass Fishing.

Sonic Adventure was the first 3D Sonic title when it originally arrived in 1998 for the pioneering Dreamcast console. Sega Bass Hunter, a port of the 1997 arcade fishing game, landed in 1999. Reckless cabbie sim Crazy Taxi, another arcade port, was particularly well received upon its release in 2000. Rhythm action game Space Channel 5: Part 2, on the other hand, was never released outside of Japan, where it launched in 2002.

Besides letting Dreamcast aficionados revisit old favourites on new platforms, the Dreamcast Collection has achievements, online leaderboards, and "enhanced graphics for both platform versions," in line with the digitally remastered 720p graphics already seen in the reissued Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi. Pricing for the collection isn't confirmed; Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi were each 6.29/$10/7.99 euros and 800 Microsoft points on the PSN and XBLA respectively.

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 01:24:12 PM »
Kojima Productions staffing for 'Next Generation Metal Gear Solid'
By Tom Magrino, GameSpotPosted Jan 13, 2011 4:50 pm PT
New Japanese-language job listings indicate Konami is moving forward with a new installment in iconic action adventure franchise.

In July, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima said as part of an interview with Enterbrain CEO Hirokazu Hamamura that he had two choices for his next project: make Metal Gear Solid 5 or make an original game. It appears as if the famed designer's fate has been determined, as Andria Sang reports today that Kojima Productions has begun seeking "Next Generation Metal Gear Solid Series Production Staff."

It remains to be seen who the star will be of Kojima's "Next Generation Metal Gear Solid."
According to Andria Sang's translation of the job listings, Kojima Productions is seeking planners, programmers, and CG designers for the project. Planners being synonymous with designers, the Konami subsidiary is looking for level creators and scripters for the project. The CG descriptions, according to the translation, seek employees familiar with concept art, 3D character modeling, 3D stage modeling, 3D character motion design, event scene production, effect production, and interface design.

As for programmers, Kojima Productions is staffing up on those with experience in graphics, networks, plug-ins, audio, and game characters. The programming listings also seek those with experience working on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. A network job req also indicates that the Metal Gear Solid title will have an online component.

Considering the breadth of job openings for the project, it seems likely that the listings are for an all-new Metal Gear project. However, it is worth noting that Kojima Productions could be staffing up for Metal Gear Solid: Rising, which was first announced for the Xbox 360 at the 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo and later confirmed for the PS3 and PC. Further, an image associated with the listings shows the faces of Rising star Raiden, as well as series protagonist Solid Snake.

blacksite117

• Weres
  • Fearless Warrior
    • http://www.monstrous.com/forum/
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 03:30:21 PM »
killzone is a mediocre series, and definitely not worth 40

oh well i don't have a ps3 anyway so its not like like they catch me with that trap.

:-)
you are what you think you are,
what you feel you are, and
most importantly who you tell yourself you are.
so think think positive.
life's to short for negative thinking.

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 10:46:40 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286837.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;19

DC Universe Online SOE's fastest selling game! This game is going fast, apparently it's really good. Although I haven't played it, I might look into it in the future. Although superhero games aren't really my forte nor within my tastes, I like games more like WoW, however, it does look interesting.

ViciouslyMe

• Realized Monster
  • <( ")> Obey Me
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 05:42:33 PM »
Just got 2 things to say. Nice work on the updates, and I wish they'd stop making Metal Gear games. Just really wish it had ended with Guns of the Patriots.
"Intelligence is the flower of discrimination. There are many examples of the flower blooming but not bearing fruit."

"True warriors are humble men"

chaoticpsyche

• Witches
  • Realized Monster
    • Strange Odds and Ends
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 10:56:35 AM »
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292169/news/video-mortal-kombats-gruesome-fatality-roster/

Honestly I thought they had stopped making Mortal Kombat games....    This is the new Mortal Kombat game showing some of the new fatalities.