The Darker Side > Human Monsters

An Eye for an Eye

(1/3) > >>

Nina:
Woman Blinded by Spurned Man Invokes Islamic Retribution

TEHRAN -- Ameneh Bahrami once enjoyed photography and mountain vistas. Her work for a medical equipment company gave her financial independence. Several men had asked for her hand in marriage, but the hazel-eyed electrical technician had refused them all. "I wanted to get married, but only to the man I really loved," she said.

Four years ago, a spurned suitor poured a bucket of sulfuric acid over her head, leaving her blind and disfigured.

Late last month, an Iranian court ordered that five drops of the same chemical be placed in each of her attacker's eyes, acceding to Bahrami's demand that he be punished according to a principle in Islamic jurisprudence that allows a victim to seek retribution for a crime. The sentence has not yet been carried out.

rest at:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/13/AR2008121302147.html

Its very rare these days that justice gets served so literal as here. Personally, i believe its right, the jerk destroyed her life for mere case of being a horny devil. Whats your say on this?

ravinclaw:
Maybe we could take a lesson from Iran on this one. I bet it will be a long time before some nut tries that again over there. To hell with him I say.

AWBrielle:
Oh my goodness. That poor girl.

davidn13:
I second Ravins statement. Although I'd probably drip more than the listed amount on him for doing that to her.

Wolfman528:
I'm with ravin and david go ahead and poor the bucket on his head. <^>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version