The Darker Side > Human Monsters

Investigating Detective was the Ripper?

<< < (2/5) > >>

ravinclaw:
If I remember correctly, there were some letters sent suposedly by the ripper some years after the murders from America, I want to say Chicago.... Then again I cant remember where I heard that.... Looks like I have some old notebooks to dig up, At one point I was leaning toward Abberline as the culprit, but cant remember why.

but motive.......hmmmm.......for a police man to go around butchering prostitutes....... Im going to leave that alone to simmer for a bit :-D 

Countess:
Wolfman, sadly, in the case of most serial killers they do it simply because they wanted to & they could. There are the odd "I did it to attain immortality" "or,  they needed to die because of...." types but for the most part, serial killers kill because they like to.

davidn13:

--- Quote from: Countess on August 07, 2011, 11:10:43 AM ---Wolfman, sadly, in the case of most serial killers they do it simply because they wanted to & they could. There are the odd "I did it to attain immortality" "or,  they needed to die because of...." types but for the most part, serial killers kill because they like to.

--- End quote ---

All true. There's almost always a psychological dysfunction that lets them do what they do, without a real "reason" I.E-David Berkowitz took advise from a demonically possessed dog. A reason? Sure. Crazy as hell-also, yes.

I'm in Jr. College for criminal psych.   :-D

ravinclaw:

--- Quote from: Countess on August 07, 2011, 11:10:43 AM --- There are the odd "I did it to attain immortality" "or,  they needed to die because of...."

--- End quote ---

In a way its not all that odd..... I would say killing to attain Morality instead of immortality is fairly common, which in the mind of a sick man can be one and the same   Motive.... the most deadly motive of all is sickness or ignorance. Perhaps arrogance is a close third.

In my own opinion of course,

Countess:
Sorry, I meant odd as in "rare". Legally, most serial killers are sane. This doesn't mean they have no mental issues, Bundy was a narcissist & sociopath. But neither of those conditions prevent someone from being seen as sane.

David, good luck with your studies. I was majoring in forensic psychology until health issues caused me to re-evaluate things but it is still a passion. Berkowitz claimed to hear voices but it was never confirmed, in my opinion it was his pathetic attempt to shift blame. Anyway,  :focus:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version