Author Topic: Resident Evil  (Read 9144 times)

prezhorusin04

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • Deep in a Cave
    • http://www.nwowatcher.com
Resident Evil
« on: June 18, 2006, 02:41:56 PM »
Any Resident Evil gaming fans?

I don't play a lot of video games, but part 4 is probably my favorite game of all time.. Always liked the Resident Evil series.....

Resident Evil 4 cover
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:28:42 PM by The_Seeker »

The_Seeker

• Realized Monster
Re: Resident Evil
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 07:33:15 PM »
I tried once...had a bad experience in Nemesis.  It was only in the beginning and I had already run out of bullets and had no melee weapon...I kept running from the zombies and found a door thinking I was saved...but it was locked.  I just kept tackling to get away but they just kept comming!

And then there was Nemesis himself, he just wouldn't die!

But I do read the scripts and plot summaries every now and then.  It's extremely complicated but somewhat enjoyable.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:38:23 PM by The_Seeker »

Phantom X

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • With only a Bullet and a Prayer...
    • Sacred Texts- It Goes There
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 07:17:50 AM »
The best one is the one for Gamecube.
I unify in order to enlighten
Attracting life.
I seal the matrix of universal fire
With the magnetic tone of purpose.
I am guided by my own power doubled.

Beyond The Door Lays A New Path For Us On Our Jorney...........One Day We'll See Our Fate In

Lord Pisces luffy
  • Fearless Warrior
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:03:22 AM »
Resident Evil 4 is so far the best.
All light sources cannot last forever the way darkness can.

DanteMustDie

• Young Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 08:32:44 AM »
Does anyone around here play the Mercanaries Minigame on RE4? To me, thats better than the actual game and much more challenging. My friends and i take turns playing it and it hasnt really gotten old yet, my best score is 152,000...120 successive kills

Shadowborn

• High Priest
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 07:47:36 AM »

Pfeh. RE4 for the PS2 is the best in the series.
"It is no measure of health to be sane in an insane society." -- Krishnamurti

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -- Galileo Galilei

Phantom X

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 12:25:46 PM »

Pfeh. RE4 for the PS2 is the best in the series.

Anything on PS2 stinks
Attracting life.

Beyond The Door Lays A New Path For Us On Our Jorney...........One Day We'll See Our Fate In

Shadowborn

• High Priest
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 05:14:16 PM »
Anything on PS2 stinks

I beg to differ. Silent Hill is one of the best survival horror games out there and it's only available on the PS2 (well, with the exception of the first game; that was PS1.) I'd much rather play that than have to go with something Gamecube, like...Mario Cart, for instance.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -- Galileo Galilei

Phantom X

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 07:35:34 PM »
Game Cube is the s**t. Not only does it have the classic characters that kick ass, its throws in a few other awesome games. It also has a simple controler that anyone can use, unlike PS2.
Attracting life.

prezhorusin04

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • Deep in a Cave
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 07:55:38 PM »
Dante
Does anyone around here play the Mercanaries Minigame on RE4?

Yeah, i've unlocked all those characters, and your right, it's as enjoyable as the game itself, or moreso because it only takes 10 minutes tops to get through. Easy to play a quick match of zombie destruction. Excuse me, "ganados" destruction.

Phantom
Game Cube is the s**t. Not only does it have the classic characters that kick ass, its throws in a few other awesome games. It also has a simple controler that anyone can use, unlike PS2.

Gamecube is about the only real system i've ever owned, it's always been Nintendo based for me.. That new Nintendo "WI" looks kinda silly though. The controllers are two separate controllers that you hold in both hands and it just looks really uncomfortable to play. I won't be getting one, even though RE5 will be on that system.. It's going to be like $200+ dollars, and that's ridiculous, especially when i only want it for one game...

RE4 is about the only game i play when i actually feel like playing a video game.. There are plenty of other enjoyable games out there for GameCube though.. I've always liked the Resident Evil series.. <^>

Phantom X

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 07:58:56 PM »
That new system is ridiculous. I think they know that they can come out with anything, so long as  the Nintendo name is attached, and all the nerds will flock to it with their wallets open. Thats one Nintendo system I WONT be buying.

Im also surprised to hear that you havent owned a N64. That is, by far, the best game system with the best games.
Attracting life.

prezhorusin04

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • Deep in a Cave
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 08:02:36 PM »
Oh, i had a N64, but it's been in the closet for a few years now.. I used to play that some too.. I beat a couple Resident Evil games on that system as well.. :-P

Yeah, that 'WI' just doesn't look appealing.. And what a goofy name.. Wiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! :roll:

Phantom X

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 08:05:20 PM »
N64 will never die, no matter how the gaming world advances. I believe that was the last system to play without CDs.
Attracting life.

Shadowborn

• High Priest
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 08:35:47 AM »

I've never had any problems playing with a PS2 controller. If anything, having a Z trigger that I have to reach under the controller for (granted, I'm talking about the N64, since I've never actually held a Cube control, but I assume it's similar) is more difficult for me.

Dark Lord M
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 09:38:02 AM »
Oh, i had a N64, but it's been in the closet for a few years now.. I used to play that some too.. I beat a couple Resident Evil games on that system as well.. :-P

Yeah, that 'WI' just doesn't look appealing.. And what a goofy name.. Wiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! :roll:

Thats what happens when the Japanese makes something, a really waked out name... How the heck do you play with it though?!

The words in WI stand for

W-What the hell were they thinking when they named it WI
I-I don't know...