Author Topic: Resident Evil  (Read 9143 times)

Shadowborn

• High Priest
Re: Resident Evil
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 09:44:29 AM »
Gamecube is about the only real system i've ever owned, it's always been Nintendo based for me.. That new Nintendo "WI" looks kinda silly though. The controllers are two separate controllers that you hold in both hands and it just looks really uncomfortable to play. I won't be getting one, even though RE5 will be on that system.. It's going to be like $200+ dollars, and that's ridiculous, especially when i only want it for one game...

The PS3 is supposed to be in the area of $600 for market price, which is twice what the PS2 retail was when it was first released. For that price, it had not only better be backwards-compatible, it had better play XBox discs as well...  :x
"It is no measure of health to be sane in an insane society." -- Krishnamurti

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -- Galileo Galilei

DanteMustDie

• Young Beast
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 07:59:02 PM »
I just like capping some undead :gun:....it helps me get through my workday... The Wii does look a little goofy, but im kinda interested in the motion sensitive controller....but im only wondering how long that novelty w/ last.

Has anyone gotten the chance to play DeadRising for the xbox 360? It looks pretty sweet.

Dark Lord M
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 07:13:15 AM »
The best one is the one for Gamecube.

Pfeh. RE4 for the PS2 is the best in the series.

Anything on PS2 stinks

I prefer the PS2 because its' online play is free, more selections in game genres, and their controler isn't HUGE like the X-Box's.

DanteMustDie

• Young Beast
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 12:27:50 AM »
I second that M Sídhe, I like the avi too

Devious Viper
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 02:46:59 PM »
For that price, it had not only better be backwards-compatible, it had better play XBox discs as well...  :x

I want it to make me a toasted sandwich too, for those games that I just can't drag myself away from to carry out less important tasks. Like eating.

Shadowborn

• High Priest
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 07:49:16 AM »
I want it to make me a toasted sandwich too, for those games that I just can't drag myself away from to carry out less important tasks. Like eating.

In which case, they'll need to include a servo arm which holds the sandwich and periodically holds it up to the mouth for a bite...don't want to get the controller all greasy.

Funny thing is, more and more games are seeing to the needs of the addicted. Civilization IV includes helpful reminders to take time for essentials like eating and sleeping, both in the manual and on loading screens. I've heard that some of the new MMOs have alarms you can set to remind you of things like meals, or to go off so you can think "Wow, I've got to be at work in four hours...maybe I should get some sleep."

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -- Galileo Galilei

DanteMustDie

• Young Beast
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 11:17:59 PM »
sorry to rain a golden shower on the parade.....but  :focus:

peep this...the RE 5 trailer for those living under a rock that havent seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHcT0wYH8zw

prezhorusin04

• Monstropedian
  • Realized Monster
  • Deep in a Cave
    • http://www.nwowatcher.com
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 11:38:58 PM »
 :-o

Somehow, i gotta play that thing...

Shadowborn

• High Priest
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 10:10:28 AM »
sorry to rain a golden shower on the parade.....but  :focus:

peep this...the RE 5 trailer for those living under a rock that havent seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHcT0wYH8zw

Thanks, I hadn't. Just out of curiosity, why is it titled "Biohazard 5," and who is that guy? He doesn't look like any of the previous RE cast I remember.

*crawls back under his rock*

Devious Viper
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006, 03:31:42 AM »
In Japan, where it is developed, its name is バイオハザード5, or "Biohazard 5". The entire game series over there is Biohazard. It would have kept the same title in the West, but there was a minor legal thing because of the name being registered already by the NY band Biohazard. They are hoping to release it on both XBox360 and PS3 simultaneously, and in time for the PS3 launch, so expect it around November/December (hey! they gotta hit that Christmas market!)

They're keeping very tight-lipped about the storyline, but it would appear that the main character (and the guy in the trailer) is Chris Redfield, and the action will take place in a "desert" environment.

Devious Viper
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2006, 03:35:18 AM »
Incidentally, as for the price of the PS3, we're expecting it to be on sale for $800 over here  :|

Rip-off Britain.

Shadowborn

• High Priest
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2006, 08:35:49 AM »
In Japan, where it is developed, its name is バイオハザード5, or "Biohazard 5". The entire game series over there is Biohazard. It would have kept the same title in the West, but there was a minor legal thing because of the name being registered already by the NY band Biohazard. They are hoping to release it on both XBox360 and PS3 simultaneously, and in time for the PS3 launch, so expect it around November/December (hey! they gotta hit that Christmas market!)

They're keeping very tight-lipped about the storyline, but it would appear that the main character (and the guy in the trailer) is Chris Redfield, and the action will take place in a "desert" environment.

Ah, I see. Pity, because between the two, the game is much more enjoyable than the band...

That's Chris Redfield? Hmm. The outfit is the same, but he's looking a lot more rugged than he was in RE4. I wonder if they're going to go Metal Gear with this title, and have the characters age and change with each new incarnation of the game?

DanteMustDie

• Young Beast
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2006, 07:01:03 PM »
Incidentally, as for the price of the PS3, we're expecting it to be on sale for $800 over here  :|

Rip-off Britain.

sounds like you would be better off getting RE 5 on the Xbox, but you could play Dead Rising in the mean time (if you already have access to a 360 that is...)

$800?? That's ridiculous! Over here in the states itll be $600 for the 60 gig hard drive PS3...if i happen to get one, they had better not go the way of the Sega Saturn, else i w/ be pissed! :x

Horus

• Black Monk
  • ye scurvy dogs
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2006, 05:59:20 PM »
dead riseing looks awesome
here there be dragons and not all of them friendly

Devious Viper
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »
some of the new MMOs have alarms you can set to go off so you can think "Wow, I've got to be at work in four hours...maybe I should get some sleep."

Nah. Just call in a sickie.

How else was I supposed to finish FF8??